These bacon wrapped peppers feature cherry peppers stuffed with herby cream cheese, and wrapped in bacon! A fantastic low carb and keto appetizer!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I love sweet cherry peppers! They're great in salads or for snacking – and they pack in a lot of flavor! They're usually available in mild or hot versions, and you can use either for this recipe. Make sure that you buy them whole rather than sliced.
For the filling I have used rosemary to flavor the cream cheese. I happen to love the combination of rosemary and bacon, but you could use pretty much any other herb in its place. Perhaps chives, parsley, or oregano?
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Peppers
Prepare the filling by combining softened cream cheese, garlic paste, black pepper, and chopped fresh rosemary.
Slice the cherry peppers in half, and scoop out the seeds. Pat fry with paper towels.
Fill the cavity of each pepper half with a small spoonful of the cream cheese mixture.
Cut slices of bacon in half and wrap a piece round the filled pepper. Secure with a toothpick.
Fry in a non-stick skillet or cast iron skillet, turning frequently.
When the bacon is thoroughly cooked, drain any excess grease on paper towels. Try to finish the cooking with the open part of the peppers facing up to help prevent the filling from leaking.
Transfer to a serving platter and serve warm.
This appetizer is a real crowd pleaser – the salty bacon, herby creamy filling, and the slight heat from the pepper. VERY moreish!
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- black pepper
- 6 jarred cherry peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- Prepare the filling by combining the cream cheese, garlic paste, black pepper, and chopped fresh rosemary.
- Pat the peppers dry with paper towel and fill the cavity of each pepper half with a small spoonful of the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap a piece of bacon round each filled pepper. Secure with a toothpick.
- Fry in a non-stick skillet or cast iron skillet, turning frequently.
- When the bacon is thoroughly cooked, drain any excess grease on paper towels. Try to finish the cooking with the open part of the peppers facing up to help prevent the filling from leaking.
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve warm.
4.6g net carbs per serving of three pieces
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 3 pieces
Amount Per Serving Calories 250Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 49mgSodium 673mgCarbohydrates 6.7gNet Carbohydrates 5.6gFiber 2.1gSugar 4.7gProtein 14g