These keto zucchini rolls are made with slices of grilled zucchini, then filled with goat's cheese and basil – the perfect low carb appetizer!
This post may contain affiliate links.
When I was creating this recipe I nearly used cream cheese as the main filling. I use it a LOT! But right at the last minute I switched to goat's cheese and I'm so glad that I did! I chose a mild cheese but if you prefer a stronger flavor – go for it!
The cheese is mixed with some wonderful fresh basil, and then rolled into slices of grilled zucchini – if you're a vegetarian you'll particularly love these – but of course everyone can enjoy them!
Check out all my low carb summer recipes, including grilling ideas, salads, and cocktails!!
How to Make Keto Zucchini Rolls
Prepare the zucchini by slicing it thinly – a mandoline is the best tool for this task! But don't worry if a slice isn't perfect – if it's missing one end then you can absolutely still use it – just roll up the zucchini slice later from the imperfect end so that it is in the middle!
Cook the slices on a preheated grill or grill pan – if using a pan you will have to cook them in batches.
While the zucchini is cooking, combine soft goat's cheese, chopped fresh basil and black pepper together in a bowl.
Spoon about a teaspoon of the cheese mixture onto the end of a piece of zucchini, then roll it up and place on a serving platter. If it unrolls you can use a little of the mixture as glue – or just place them seam-side down.
This recipe makes about 18 rolls, and you can serve them warm (although you might want to set up a production line for this option), room temperature, or cold!
The combination of flavors is a simple one but is fantastic – whether you're a vegetarian or not!
- 2 small zucchini
- 5.3 oz (150g) soft goat's cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- black pepper
- Prepare the zucchini by slicing it thinly - a mandolin is the best tool for this task!
- Cook the slices on a preheated grill or grill pan - if using a pan you will have to cook them in batches.
- While the zucchini is cooking, combine the goat's cheese and fresh basil together in a bowl. Taste for seasoning and add black pepper to taste.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of the cheese mixture onto the end of a piece of cooked zucchini, then roll it up and place on a serving platter. If it unrolls you can use a little of the mixture as glue - or just place them seam-side down.
- This recipe makes about 18 rolls, and you can serve them warm (although you might want to set up a production line for this option!), room temperature, or cold!
1g net carb per serving of 3 zucchini rolls.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 3 rolls
Amount Per Serving Calories 77Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 12mgSodium 117mgCarbohydrates 2gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 5g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.