These low carb barbecue wings are roasted with a delicious sugar free sauce! Serve them as an appetizer or snack. They're SO good!
This post may contain affiliate links.
These chicken wings are tender and juicy, with heaps of flavor! Serve them as an appetizer, snack, or when you're next entertaining. If you've never prepared raw wings before, go HERE for a great tutorial.
For the sweetener, you can pretty much use whatever you like – I know everyone has their favorite! A granular sweetener like Lakanto would work well (get 20% off everything in their store if you use coupon code SAFTC!), as would a liquid sweetener like liquid stevia or homemade low carb simple syrup!
How to Make Low Carb Barbecue Wings
- 8 raw chicken wings, each split into three sections and wing tips discarded
for the sauce:
- 4 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic paste, or minced garlic
- low carb sweetener, to taste
- salt and black pepper
- fresh parsley and sour cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan, adjusting seasoning and sweetness as desired. Bring the sauce to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the prepared wings onto a baking rack and place it on a large baking sheet.
- Brush half the sauce onto the wings then roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn the wings over, then brush with the remaining sauce and roast for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Season the wings with salt and garnish with parsley. Serve with sour cream.
3g net carbs per serving
(Final carb count may be lower if not all the marinade is used.)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 449Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 148mgSodium 365mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 36g