These low carb barbecue wings are roasted with a delicious sugar free sauce! Serve them as an appetizer or snack. They're SO good!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
These chicken wings are tender and juicy, with heaps of flavor! Serve them as an appetizer, snack, or when you're next entertaining. If you've never prepared raw wings before, go HERE for a great tutorial.
For the sweetener, you can pretty much use whatever you like – I know everyone has their favorite! A granular sweetener like xylitol or Lakanto would work well (get 20% off everything in their store if you use coupon code SAFTC!), as would a liquid sweetener like liquid stevia or homemade low carb simple syrup!
How to Make Low Carb Barbecue Wings
Barbecue Chicken Wings
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 8 raw chicken wings each split into three sections and wing tips discarded
for the sauce:
- 4 oz canned tomato sauce
- 1 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- low carb sweetener to taste
- salt and black pepper
- fresh parsley and sour cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan, adjusting seasoning and sweetness as desired. Bring the sauce to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the prepared wings onto a baking rack and place it on a large baking sheet.
- Brush half the sauce onto the wings then roast for 15 minutes.
- Turn the wings over, then brush with the remaining sauce and roast for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Season the wings with salt and garnish with parsley. Serve with sour cream.
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!