This low carb bramble is my version of the classic English cocktail, and is sugar free and keto-friendly!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Have you tried a Bramble? Here's some background to how it got invented:
The Bramble is a cocktail created by Dick Bradsell in 1984 in London. Best described as a spring cocktail, the Bramble brings together dry gin, lemon juice, sugar syrup, crème de mûre, and crushed ice. Memories of going blackberrying in his childhood provided the inspiration for the Bramble; the name of the drink comes from the fact that blackberry bushes are called brambles.”
Crème de mûre is a blackberry liqueur that typically contains around 11g net carbs per serving – which is WAY too high for low-carbers. So I decided to make my own – check it out:
I also decided to add some fresh thyme to the drink – but you can omit it if you prefer.
How to Make a Low Carb Bramble Cocktail
Next, add some gin and ice to the shaker, then shake until well chilled.
Strain the cocktail into a tumbler filled with crushed ice. To make the crushed ice you can pulse some regular ice cubes in a powerful blender, or place them in a ziplock bag and bash them with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer!
Pour the low carb blackberry liqueur over the top.
Garnish with fresh blackberries, lemon slices, and a sprig of thyme.
I love how the thyme adds a subtle woody flavor to the cocktail, and it works so well with the other ingredients!
- 2 slices of lemon
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 tbs gin
- ice cubes
- crushed ice
- 2 tbs low carb blackberry liqueur
- lemon slices, fresh blackberries, and thyme sprig, to garnish
- Add a few slices of lemon and sprigs of thyme and use a muddler to crush them in the base of a small cocktail shaker.
- Next, add some gin and ice to the shaker, then shake until well chilled. Strain the cocktail into a tumbler filled with crushed ice.
- Drizzle the low carb blackberry liqueur over the top.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries, lemon slices, and a sprig of thyme.
1.9g net carbs per serving (whole recipe)
Nutritional data is best estimate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Whole recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 103Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gSodium 7mgCarbohydrates 2.4gNet Carbohydrates 1.9gFiber 0.5g