This turnip gratin is a tasty and delicious low carb side dish! Layers of thinly sliced turnip are roasted with cream and cheese – a fantastic combination!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This turnip side dish is like a cross between a gratin and a dauphinois! The turnips are a fantastic substitute for potatoes when cooked this way – although I highly recommend using a mandoline to make the slices even!
Check out all my keto turnip recipes!
How to Make Turnip Gratin
- olive oil spray
- 2-3 turnips, approx 1 lb, peeled
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese, divided
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray a cast-iron skillet with olive oil spray.
- Slice the turnips on a mandoline, and divide them into three piles.
- Mix together the cream, ¾ cup of the cheese, and the black pepper.
- Layer one third of the sliced turnips into the skillet, then top with a third of the cream mixture. Repeat for two more layers.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup cheese over the top, and roast for 25-30 minutes or until the turnips are tender. Cover with foil during cooking if the top is browning too fast.
6g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 218Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 62mgSodium 262mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 7g
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!