This Asian-inspired cucumber salad is a great low carb side dish that is light and refreshing.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This salad is made from ribbons of cucumber marinated in an Asian-inspired dressing. This dish is great for a side dish, appetizer, or eaten just on its own!
How to Make a Asian Marinated Cucumber Salad
Make the marinade by combining lime juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chopped green onion. The smell is fantastic!
Slice the cucumber into ribbons using a mandolin. I love my mandolin but don't use it often enough – so it's great to get it out of the cupboard and use it again! If you don't have a mandolin then a vegetable peeler would be OK, but a mandolin is WAY more satisfying!
Marinate the cucumber ribbons in the dressing for at least an hour in the fridge – or overnight is great too.
When ready to serve, drain the cucumber. Toast some sesame seeds in a dry frying pan.
Arrange the cucumber on a serving plate and sprinkle with the sesame seeds, fresh cilantro leaves and red pepper flakes – if you like. Which I do like – very much!!Asian Marinated Cucumber Salad - a #lowcarb side dish full of amazing flavors! Click To Tweet
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- red pepper flakes, optional
- To make the marinade, mix together the lime juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and green onion.
- Use a mandolin to slice the cucumber into thin ribbons.
- Marinate the cucumber in the dressing for at least an hour or overnight. Keep in the fridge.
- Drain the marinade from the cucumber and arrange ribbons on a serving plate.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan until medium brown in color.
- Garnish the salad with the sesame seeds, fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes, if using.
6g net carbs per serving (half recipe)
Please note that the carb count will actually be slightly less as not all the marinade is consumed.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 40Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gSodium 508mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 2g
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!