These egg and bacon stuffed mushrooms are a wonderful low carb breakfast, brunch or lunch!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I've been working on several different stuffed mushroom recipes recently and this is by far my favorite. It is so deliciously savory that I just HAVE to keep eating! I love the combination of the runny egg yolk over the salty bacon and soft mushroom!
How to Make Egg and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
To make this dish, start by removing the stalks from large portobello mushrooms, spritz them with olive oil spray, then roast them for ten minutes. Try and get ones with a large cup – and you'll see why later! Or maybe this is completely obvious to you. 🙂
If there is a lot of excess liquid in the mushrooms, drain it off. But don't discard it! Use it in stocks or soups for some amazing flavor! Sprinkle on some diced cooked bacon and shredded mozzarella (or preferred cheese), and cook for another five minutes.
Carefully crack an egg over the top of each mushroom. If the egg slips off, just leave it to cook, then load it onto the mushroom afterwards. A silicone mat is SUPER useful for this recipe! Cook for another eight minutes (or until the egg white is cooked through) then serve, garnished with black pepper and chopped parsley.
Egg and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms - amazing #lowcarb breakfast!! Click To Tweet
Look at that yolk explosion!!!
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, deep cup if possible, stems removed
- olive oil spray
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- 4 eggs
- chopped parsley and black pepper, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking tray lined with a silicone mat, spritz with olive oil spray, and roast for 10 minutes.
- Drain off any excess liquid from the mushrooms, then divide the bacon and mozzarella between the mushrooms and roast for 5 minutes.
- Carefully crack an egg onto each mushroom. Roast for a further 8 minutes, or until the egg white is cooked.
- Serve, garnished with fresh parsley and black pepper.
7g net carbs per serving of two mushrooms.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 2 Stuffed Mushrooms
Amount Per Serving Calories 417Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 402mgSodium 631mgCarbohydrates 13gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 6gSugar 6gProtein 31g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.