The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I’ve been working on several different stuffed mushroom recipes recently and this is by far my favorite. It is so deliciously savory that I just HAVE to keep eating!
To make this dish, I started by removing the stalks from large portobello mushrooms. then spritzing them with olive oil spray and roasting them for ten minutes. Try and get ones with a large cup – and you’ll see why later! Or maybe this is completely obvious to you. 🙂
Sprinkle on some diced cooked bacon and shredded Parmesan, and cook for another five minutes.
If there is a lot of excess liquid in the mushrooms, drain it off. But don’t discard it! Use it in stocks or soups for some amazing flavor!
Carefully crack an egg over the top of each mushroom. If the egg slips off, just leave it to cook, then load it onto the mushroom afterwards. Cook for another ten minutes then serve, garnished with a bit of leafy parsley if you’re so inclined.Egg and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms - amazing #lowcarb breakfast!! Click To Tweet
- 4 Portobello mushrooms deep cup if possible, stems removed
- olive oil spray
- 8 slices of cooked bacon chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking tray, spritz with olive oil, and roast for 10 minutes.
- Divide the bacon and Parmesan between the mushrooms and roast for 5 minutes.
- Drain off any excess liquid from the mushrooms, then crack an egg onto each mushroom. Roast for a further 10 minutes, then serve.
6g net carbs per serving of two mushrooms.