This herb crusted roast beef is perfect for serving at special occasions!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Roast beef is one of my favorite things to cook for celebrations – but I also enjoy it at the weekend too. It helps that roast beef is my absolute favorite meat to eat cold – so I always buy a larger cut than is necessary – which means lots of leftovers! I've used a Prime beef roast here, but any decent cut of beef would work well – especially a tenderloin! The beef is crusted with a mixture of herbs and Dijon mustard, and adds a wonderful flavor to the meat.
How to Make Herb Crusted Roast Beef
To prepare the coating for the beef, mix together Dijon mustard, olive oil, and finely chopped fresh herbs. I use whatever I have to hand or whatever is overflowing in my herb garden!
Featured in these photos is a combination of garlic chives, flat-leaf parsley, and thyme. Spread the mixture over the beef, then season with salt and pepper.
Roast in a preheated oven until it has reached the required level of doneness – this cut was 1lb 6oz, and took about 30-35 minutes at 350F to get an internal temperature of 145F (medium rare). And yes, I *do* like my beef rare!!! A reliable probe thermometer is absolutely essential for cooking roast beef in my kitchen.
Let the meat rest for 10 minutes, then carve and serve.
Herb Crusted Roast Beef #lowcarb #keto #roastbeef Click To Tweet
- 1.5 lb Prime beef roast, or similar
for the coating
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- finely chopped fresh herbs, eg 2 tbs chives, 2 tbs flat-leaf parsley, 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- To prepare the coating for the beef, mix together the mustard, olive oil, and herbs.
- Spread the mixture over the beef, then season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until the beef has reached the required level of doneness, about 35 minutes to 145F (rare).
- Let the meat rest for 10 minutes, then carve and serve.
Zero carb recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 370Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 103mgSodium 175mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gProtein 34g