This Italian baked chicken dish is very low in carbohydrates but has plenty of flavor! Keto, gluten free, and LCHF recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This keto baked chicken dish looks way fancier than it actually is – which is my kind of meal! It also contains pretty close to zero carbs – which can come in useful if you need to cut down due to too many treats or accidents! Not that I know anything about that…
So I've made a recipe video to show you how easy this meal is! Or you can scroll down for the full details and printable recipe card.
How to Make Italian Baked Chicken Thighs
Prepare the topping by mixing together shredded cheese (I use an Italian blend, but pretty much any cheese would work well in this recipe), finely chopped fresh basil, dried oregano, onion powder, red pepper flakes (these are optional – but I like them!) and black pepper.
Place some bone-in chicken thighs in a baking dish (skin on or skin off – I've tried both ways and they're both delicious! But you will want to trim any excess skin off first). Pour some melted butter over the top.
Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the top.
Cover the dish with kitchen foil and place in a preheated oven (375F) for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 165F. You may like to remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of the cooking time to brown the top a little.
And this keto baked chicken dish is done! How easy was that?!?! To serve, transfer the chicken thighs to two serving plates and spoon a little of the buttery juices over the top.
Check out all my low carb chicken recipes!Italian Baked Chicken Thighs - a super #lowcarb and #keto meal! Click To Tweet
- ½ cup shredded Italian cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder
- black pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, excess skin trimmed
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- red pepper chilli flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Mix together the cheese, herbs, onion powder, chilli flakes and black pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish, and pour the melted butter over the top.
- Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken has reached internal temperature of 165F. Remove cover for last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve with a little of the buttery juices drizzled over the chicken.
1g net carb per serving!!
Fat content will actually be lower than listed as not all of it is consumed.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 440 Total Fat 26g Saturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 229mg Sodium 237mg Carbohydrates 1g Net Carbohydrates 1g Fiber 0g Protein 46g
Check out my Low Carb Recipe Ebook!
If you adore Italian food, you'll love this collection of delicious 25 low carb Italian recipes!