These kale chips are a super tasty snack and are low in carbohydrates! Keto friendly recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I have often been tempted by pretty bags of kale chips available in grocery stores – because kale is good for you, right? Well it is – but every time I check the nutritional data I find it high in carbs. Why? Because they always add sugar. But kale chips really don't need sugar – so I decided to make my own! They are SO good!
How to Make Kale Chips with Parmesan
Trim the woody stems from the kale, then cut the remaining kale into small pieces and place into a large bowl. Add olive oil, smoked paprika and a little salt to the bowl and toss to mix.
Spread out the seasoned kale onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Sprinkle shredded Parmesan over the top.
Place in a preheated oven for 6-8 minutes until the edges of the kale are starting to darken and go crispy. Remove from the oven and leave for another 5 minutes to allow it crisp up further.
Kale Chips with Parmesan - a tasty low carb snack #lowcarb #kale Click To Tweet
- 7 oz fresh kale, thick stalks removed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with silicone mat or baking parchment.
- Chop the kale into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the oil, paprika and salt and toss to mix.
- Spread out on the baking sheet and sprinkle the Parmesan over the kale.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the edges of the kale start to darken. Remove from the oven and leave for 5 mins to crisp up further.
4g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 104Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 8mgSodium 510mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 0gProtein 6g