This deliciously moist keto brown sugar ham is made in the Instant Pot! Perfect for family celebrations and festivities!
This post may contain affiliate links.
If you're cooking for a crowd then you could do a lot worse than cook a ham for everyone. Traditional flavorings for a whole ham include mustard, pineapple, cloves, orange, and brown sugar. I decided to go with mustard and brown sugar – or rather the brown sweetener from Lakanto which is REALLY good.
Get 20% off everything in the Lakanto store when you use coupon code SAFTC !
I also cooked it in the Instant Pot – or really it's reheating it because of course ham is a cooked meat. You can even prepare it in advance and then it's VERY hands-off until carving time. So convenient!
How to Make Keto Brown “Sugar” Ham
First of all, make sure that your ham fits in your Instant Pot! I had a 7.5lb bone-in smoked ham and it needed a little trimming to fit into my 6-quart Instant Pot.
Place the trivet into the base of the Instant Pot, and add some vegetable or chicken broth.
Pat the ham dry and spread Dijon mustard all over the outside.
Sprinkle some brown Lakanto sweetener over the mustard and carefully place the ham onto the trivet.
Close the lid, set the pressure valve to seal, then cook on high pressure for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the ham. Let the pressure release naturally, then use the trivet handles to carefully remove the ham and transfer it to a cutting board. Cover with foil and let sit for 5-10 minutes before carving.
The meat is so flavorful and moist! And of course any leftovers are great for salads, wraps, and quesadillas, and the ham bone is fantastic for making soups!
- 6-8lb bone-in ham
- 8 fl oz vegetable or chicken broth
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup brown Lakanto sweetener
- First of all, make sure that your ham fits in your Instant Pot, and trim if necessary.
- Place the trivet into the base of the Instant Pot, and add the broth.
- Pat the ham dry and spread Dijon mustard all over the outside.
- Sprinkle the sweetener over the mustard and place the ham onto the trivet.
- Close the lid, set the valve to Seal, then cook on high pressure for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of the ham (see notes).
- Let the pressure release naturally, then use the trivet handles to remove the ham and transfer it to a cutting board.
- Cover with foil and let sit for 5-10 minutes before carving.
2.5g net carbs per serving (approximate values based on 12 servings)
This recipe is for bone-in ham, not spiral cut.
4-5lb ham: 12 minutes cooking plus natural release
6-7lb ham: 17 minutes cooking plus natural release
8-9lb ham: 22 minutes cooking plus natural release
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12
Amount Per Serving Calories 318Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 145mgSodium 1953mgCarbohydrates 2.7gNet Carbohydrates 2.5gFiber 0.2gSugar 2gProtein 50g