This keto cranberry margarita is made with leftover low carb cranberry sauce, tequila, and lime! Sugar free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I use it for SO much more than with turkey – it's great in wraps, muffins, and on crostini. And yes, you can even use it to make cocktails!
Cranberry cocktails are always popular at this time of year but most use cranberry juice, which contains over 30g carbohydrates per cup! Using homemade cranberry sauce instead is a great alternative with a fraction of the carbs. And because of the orange extract in the sauce, it particularly lends itself to a margarita-style drink which would traditionally contain triple sec (an orange flavored liquor).
How to Make a Keto Cranberry Margarita
To a cocktail shaker, add ice, lime juice, and tequila.
Add the cranberry sauce, then close the lid and shake vigorously. Strain into a glass over fresh ice.
Due to the thickness of the sauce you might want to swill the shaker with a splash of water and strain again to get as much out as possible.
Garnish with a lime wheel and a few whole fresh cranberries.
Note: Nutritional data is best estimate as not all the cranberry sauce is consumed.
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs tequila
- ¼ cup low carb cranberry sauce
- orange extract, optional, to taste
- lime wheel and cranberries, to garnish
- To a cocktail shaker, add the ice, lime juice, tequila, and cranberry sauce.
- Close the lid and shake vigorously. Taste a sample and add orange extract if desired.
- Strain the cocktail into a glass over fresh ice. Due to the thickness of the sauce you might want to swill the shaker with a splash of water then strain again.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and a few cranberries.
3.5g net carbs per serving (whole recipe)
Nutritional data is best estimate as not all the cranberry sauce is consumed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Whole recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 68Total Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 0mgCarbohydrates 3.6gNet Carbohydrates 3.5gFiber 0.1gProtein 0g