These low carb loaded chicken breasts are stuffed full of spinach, cream cheese and prosciutto!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
We seem to eat a lot of chicken at our house. My husband isn’t fond of brown meat so that leaves me finding yet a new way of making chicken breast exciting. Well this got a double thumbs up from both of us – so this low carb entree comes highly recommended!
Place the chicken breasts onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Place them in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the topping. Sauté some chopped red onion and paprika in olive oil. When the onion has softened, add some cream cheese and baby spinach. As the cheese melts and spinach wilts, add some black pepper and chopped prosciutto. If you’re not familiar with prosciutto it is a type of Italian ham – very flavorful. Cooked bacon or good quality ham could be used as an alternative.
Remove the chicken from the oven, and cut a long slice in each breast length-ways. Load them up with the topping and return them to the oven for another 10 minutes. Check that the chicken is thoroughly cooked before serving.
This dish is now a regular midweek dinner in our house. It is easy to change a few of the ingredients depending on what I have in the fridge, too.
Loaded Chicken Breasts with Spinach and Prosciutto - #lowcarb recipe Click To Tweet
Loaded Chicken Breasts with Spinach and ProsciuttoPrint
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ red onion chopped
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 slices prosciutto chopped
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Place the chicken breasts in the oven on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, saute the red onion and paprika in olive oil in a large frying pan until the onion has softened.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until the spinach has wilted and a sauce has formed.
- Slice the chicken breasts length-ways and load them up with the topping. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
5g net carbs per serving
Check out my Low Carb Recipe Ebook!
If you adore Italian food, you'll love this collection of delicious 25 low carb Italian recipes!