This beef florentine casserole is a comforting combination of ground beef, spinach, and cream cheese! A satisfying low carb, keto, LCHF, and gluten free recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Now I'll be the first to admit that this isn't the prettiest dish I've ever made – but MAN does it taste good! This is one of those mouth-feel dishes, where the cream cheese and Parmesan work perfectly with the ground beef. The spinach obviously helps to add some vitamins as well as flavor!
You can absolutely prepare this dish in advance. Just add on some extra time in the oven if cooking from chilled.
How to Make a Low Carb Beef Florentine Casserole
Add a little oil to a large saucepan and add some ground beef. Brown off the meat and drain any excess liquid. Add some onion powder, paprika, and some chopped spinach – I recommend frozen spinach that's been thoroughly defrosted and drained.
Next, add some cream cheese and heavy cream. Continue to cook until the cream cheese is fully mixed in. Finally, add some shredded Parmesan and stir well.
Taste for seasoning, and add salt and pepper as necessary.
Transfer everything to a baking dish (I love this one from Le Creuset!) and bake (uncovered) in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown on top.
Let cool for five minutes, then serve.
This dish is filling enough to serve on its own, but a handful or two of salad would also be nice!
If preparing this casserole in advance, stop at the stage where you transfer to the baking dish. Cover the dish and keep in the fridge until required.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 12 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ shredded Parmesan
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Add the oil to a large saucepan and add the beef. Brown off the meat and drain any excess liquid. Add the onion powder, paprika, and spinach.
- Next, add some cream cheese and heavy cream. Continue to cook until the cream cheese is fully mixed in. Finally, add some shredded Parmesan and stir well.
- Taste for seasoning, and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Transfer everything to a baking dish and bake (uncovered) for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown on top.
- Let cool for five minutes, then serve.
5g net carbs per large serving (quarter of the casserole)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the casserole
Amount Per Serving Calories 624Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 23gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 175mgSodium 525mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 38g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.