If you're looking for a satisfying side dish, try this low carb Cauliflower Casserole! Gluten free, keto, and LCHF recipe.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This veggie casserole is definitely filling and satisfying – and leftovers make a convenient lunch, too! The cauliflower is very lightly mashed, so it still has some interesting texture – but it melds perfectly with the creamy sauce. You're going to love it!
And if you love this recipe, check out all my low carb casseroles!
How to Make Low Carb Cauliflower Casserole with Spinach
Cook the cauliflower however you prefer – my choice are those handy steam microwave-in-the-bag packs. They're very convenient and I find that the cauliflower doesn't get as water logged as it does after boiling it.
Meanwhile, cook some baby spinach in a large saucepan together with some cream cheese and sour cream.
Roughly mash the cooked cauliflower – you don't want super smooth, so leave some texture. Add it to the creamy spinach mixture, and season generously with salt and pepper. At this stage you could add any other herbs or spices that you like!
Transfer the vegetables to a baking dish and smooth it over. Sprinkle some shredded cheese over the top – whatever cheese you like. I chose Pepper Jack for a little zing!
Roast in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
Let cool for 5 minutes before serving this low carb cauliflower casserole.
If you love casseroles – check out all my low carb casserole recipes!
- 20 oz cauliflower florets, cooked
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cook the baby spinach in a large saucepan together with the cream cheese and sour cream.
- Roughly mash the cooked cauliflower - you don't want super smooth, so leave some texture. Add it to the creamy spinach mixture, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the vegetables to a baking dish and smooth it over. Sprinkle some shredded cheese over the top - whatever cheese you like - I chose Pepper Jack for a little zing!
- Roast for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
5g net carbs per serving (one sixth of whole casserole)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size Sixth of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 168Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 40mgSodium 232mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 7g