This chocolate peanut butter shake is perfect for any time of the day! It's low carb, keto-friendly, dairy free, and sugar free!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Now I'm not sure if you know this, but I actually DON'T like peanut butter. Shock, horror! It isn't such a staple food item in the UK as it is in the US! But when my husband asked me to make him a shake and I suggested this combination – he loved it, so I thought I'd share it with you as it's so easy.
If you can't have peanuts, (or like me, don't like them!) you can substitute almond butter instead! Whichever butter you choose, make sure it is natural, with no added ingredients – especially sugar! Whether you choose creamy or crunchy version is up to your personal taste, but I feel that smooth and creamy would be better in a shake!
How to Make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake
Add some unsweetened almond milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, and the peanut butter to a blender (have you got a Ninja yet? I love mine!).
You could enjoy the shake just as it is – but I prefer to add some extra goodness! So try one of the following:
- Chocolate Keto Collagen from Perfect Keto – use coupon code stepawayfromthecarbs for 15% discount
- Dark Chocolate and Blackberry Collagen Peptides from Vital Proteins
- 1 scoop Whey Protein Powder
- Creamy Chocolate Shake Powder from Konscious Keto – Use coupon code GEO10 to get 10% off!
Depending on your personal taste and what supplements you add (if any), you may also like to add a sweetener. I added a scoop of the Konscious Keto powder – when it combined with the cocoa powder it made it extra chocolaty and creamy!
Once you've decided on your ingredients, whizz everything up in the blender (the Ninja has a single serve option which is perfect for this recipe).
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop collagen supplement or whey protein powder, optional
- low carb sweetener, optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness, and add your preferred low carb sweetener to taste, if necessary.
4g net carbs with no supplements added
4g net carbs with 1 scoop of whey protein powder
5g net carbs with 1 scoop Perfect Keto Chocolate Keto Collagen
5g net carbs with 1 scoop Creamy Chocolate Shake Powder from Konscious Keto
8g net carbs with 1 scoop Dark Chocolate and Blackberry Collagen Peptides
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Whole recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 136Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 1gCholesterol 1mgSodium 200mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 6g
Check out my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes Ebook!
If you adore chocolate - you'll love my book! Over 60 amazing recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!