This low carb chocolate torte is rich, fudgy, and decadent! Keto, gluten free, and sugar free recipe.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I made this amazing chocolate torte for Thanksgiving. Traditional? No. Delicious, yes! With my low carb diet, my husband’s gluten free diet, and my son’s standard small boy pickiness, it can be tricky to find food that suits all of us. But chocolate we ALL love, so I wanted to make some sort of dense, rich, flourless dessert that would be the perfect end to our celebratory meal.
We all loved the torte, and they were STUNNED to find out that it was sugar free. The key, of course, is the quality low carb chocolate. I used Lily’s Original Dark Chocolate, which is sweetened with stevia. You can buy it from Whole Foods, and it’s also available from Amazon and Netrition. They have various flavors but the original version is all you need for this recipe!
To make the torte, break up two bars of low carb chocolate and place them in a bowl together with some butter. I think this is a pretty good start to any dessert!!!
Cook at 50% power in the microwave until almost melted, then stir until fully melted.
Beat three eggs together in a stand mixer bowl, then add heavy cream, granular sweetener (eg xylitol or Swerve), unsweetened cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Beat until fully combined, then add the chocolate and butter mixture and beat again until smooth.
Pour the mixture into a greased 9″ pie pan, and bake in a preheated oven until the center is firm but slightly wobbly. (Sorry – I forgot to take any photos while it was in the pan!)
Let the torte cool completely, then cover and place in the fridge until required.
Serve with whipped cream and/or a sprinkle of confectioner’s Swerve.
Low Carb Chocolate Torte
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 6 oz low carb chocolate eg Lily's Original Dark
- 4 oz unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup low carb sweetener eg xylitol or granular Swerve
- 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream and/or confectioner's Swerve to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Break up the chocolate and place in a bowl together with the butter. Cook at 50% power in the microwave until almost melted, then stir until fully melted.
- Beat three eggs together in a stand mixer bowl, then add heavy cream, sweetener, unsweetened cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. Beat until fully combined, then add the chocolate and butter mixture and beat again until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9" pie pan, and bake until the center is firm but slightly wobbly, about 15-18 minutes.
- Let the torte cool completely, then cover and place in the fridge until required.
- Serve with whipped cream and/or a sprinkle of confectioner's Swerve.
Check out my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes Ebook!
If you adore chocolate - you'll love my book! Over 60 amazing recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!