This delicious low carb cinnamon cereal is the perfect way to start the day! An easy breakfast recipe that is sugar free, keto friendly, and gluten free!
Disclosure: I was provided with this book from Victory Belt Publishing free of charge in exchange for my fair and honest review. Please see my disclosure policy. This post also contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
As I'm sure you're aware, I'm a HUGE fan of Carolyn Ketchum – the author behind the low carb blog All Day I Dream About Food. I've reviewed many of her books and tried dozens of her recipes – and I'm always impressed. So when her latest book – Easy Keto Breakfasts – was published – I couldn't wait to try out some of the recipes!
There are SO many dishes that I want to try. Here are some highlights: Bacon Gravy, Omelet Waffles, Eggs Benedict Casserole (I'll be making this one next!!!), Deep-Dish Cream Cheese Pancake, Chocolate Hazelnut Swirl Muffins, Strawberry Skillet Breakfast Cake, Pecan Pie Energy Bars – the list goes on and on!
But the recipe that stood out most for me was the low carb cinnamon crunch cereal. Because I REALLY miss cereal in the mornings. I miss cereal as much as miss bread and pizza. Plus, the recipe looked super easy and I already had all the ingredients!
How to Make Cinnamon Cereal
Combine almond flour, unsweetened coconut flakes (or flaxseed meal), low carb sweetener (I used granular Swerve), ground cinnamon and salt together in a food processor.
Add some cold butter, and pulse until fully mixed. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat, then place another silicone mat (or parchment paper) over the top and use a rolling pin to flatten the mixture and press it together.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown – it will still be soft at this point, but will crisp up as it cools.
Let cool completely then break into small chunks and store in an airtight container.
Note: Carolyn's original recipe includes a cinnamon sugar topping that is sprinkled on as soon as the cereal has finished baking. I accidentally missed out this step (whooops!) in my excitement, but the final result was still excellent and seriously tasty. And perfectly sweet enough for my tastes!
To serve, you can enjoy a handful as a snack, or (as shown here) with some unsweetened almond milk.
Low Carb Cinnamon Cereal
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes or flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup low carb sweetener eg granular Swerve
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbs butter
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flakes, sweetener, cinnamon and salt together in a food processor.
- Add the cold butter, and pulse until fully mixed.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat, then place another silicone mat (or parchment paper) over the top and use a rolling pin to flatten the mixture and press it together.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown - it will still be soft at this point, but will crisp up as it cools.
- Let cool completely then break into small chunks and store in an airtight container.
Serve with unsweetened almond milk.
Don't forget to order your copy of Easy Keto Breakfasts today!