These low carb double chocolate muffins are sugar free, fudgy, soft, and delicious!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This originally started as a double chocolate cookie recipe. But I played around with the ingredients and quantities so much that I ended with something more like a batter than a dough, so I decided to make them into muffins instead. And I’m SO glad that I did! The cream cheese makes them soft and the double hit of chocolate is very welcome! On the day I made these my husband had a couple of buddies over, who were VERY happy to demolish these muffins. They clearly didn’t taste like “diet food”! My husband is very sensitive to the taste of sweetener, but he reported not a hint of artificial flavor in these treats!
I’ll definitely be making them again – not least because there aren’t many left now!
Place softened butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer bowl and beat until combined. Add xylitol and beat again (you can, of course, use whichever sweetener you prefer, but I really like xylitol for baking. Remember to amend the nutritional data if you switch sweeteners).
Add in some low carb chocolate chips (I use Lily’s Sweets dark chocolate baking chips) and stir well.
Divide the mixture between mini muffin cups that have been lined with mini muffin cases. The mixture should fill around 16 cases to about two-thirds full.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until firm on top. Leave for 5 minutes to cool before enjoying these chocolatey fudgy delights!
Low Carb Double Chocolate MuffinsPrint
- 2 tbs unsalted butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup low carb sweetener eg xylitol or similar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- 28 g Lily's Sweets dark chocolate baking chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer bowl and beat until combined. Add xylitol and beat again.
- Add the egg, cocoa powder, baking powder and almond flour. Beat until smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Divide the mixture between mini muffin cups that have been lined with mini muffin cases. The mixture should fill around 16 cases to about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until firm on top. Leave for 5 minutes to cool.
2g net carbs per mini muffin, not including sugar alcohols.
Check out my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes Ebook!
If you adore chocolate - you'll love my book! Over 60 amazing recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!