These low carb double chocolate mini muffins are fudgy, soft, and delicious! Gluten free, keto, and sugar free recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
This originally started as a double chocolate cookie recipe. But I played around with the ingredients and quantities so much that I ended with something more like a batter than a dough, so I decided to make them into muffins instead. And I'm SO glad that I did! The cream cheese makes them soft and the double hit of chocolate is very welcome! On the day I made these my husband had a couple of buddies over, who were VERY happy to demolish these muffins. They clearly didn't taste like “diet food”! My husband is very sensitive to the taste of sweetener, but he reported not a hint of artificial flavor in these treats!
I'll definitely be making them again – not least because there aren't many left now!
How to Make Low Carb Double Chocolate Muffins
Place softened butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer bowl and beat until combined. Add some low carb sweetener (eg Lakanto or granular Swerve) and beat again.
Divide the mixture between mini muffin cups that have been lined with mini muffin cases. The mixture should fill around 20 cases to about two-thirds full.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until firm on top.
Leave for 5 minutes to cool before enjoying these chocolatey fudgy delights!
These mini muffins contain just 0.8g net carbs each – so you can enjoy them guilt free!
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a mini muffin pan with mini muffin cases.
- Place the butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer bowl and beat until combined. Add the sweetener and beat again.
- Add the egg, cocoa powder, baking powder and almond flour. Beat until smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Divide the mixture between the lined mini muffin cups - the mixture should fill around 20 cases to about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until firm on top. Leave for 5 minutes to cool.
1.6g net carbs per serving of two mini muffins
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 2 Mini Muffins
Amount Per Serving Calories 112Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 36mgSodium 67mgCarbohydrates 2.4gNet Carbohydrates 1.6gFiber 0.8gProtein 2.6g