These low carb frozen chocolate chip balls are a wonderful sweet treat! Sugar free, keto, and LCHF recipe with video tutorial!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Do you love fat bombs? There are so many different flavors and varieties to try! They're perfect for controlling quantity when it comes to treats – and particularly good if you're following a low carb high fat diet. And as these treats are frozen, you will really enjoy their chocolaty goodness on a hot day!
Check out my how-to video, or scroll down for the full details and printable recipe card!
How to Make Low Carb Frozen Chocolate Chip Balls
In a stand mixer bowl, mix together unsweetened cocoa powder and water until smooth. Add a block of cream cheese and a stick of butter – both should be room temperature. Add some low carb sweetener (eg Lakanto – get 20% off if you use coupon code SAFTC!). Beat until smooth.
Add in some low carb chocolate chips (I adore the Lily's Sweets brand!) and stir well.
Form the mixture into balls and place on a small tray lined with baking parchment – this quarter sheet pan with silicone mat was perfect! This recipe forms about 15 balls -a cookie dough scoop is useful for portioning!
Place in the freezer until frozen – about an hour is enough, then transfer to a container with a lid. Remove from freezer 5-10 minutes before eating.
(And because I'm sure it breaks several rules on safe defrosting, I'm absolutely NOT going to recommend zapping them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds so that the outside is still cool but the inside is melted and gooey…)
Frozen Chocolate Treat Balls! #lchf #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup water
- 8 oz brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup Lakanto
- ¼ cup low carb chocolate chips, eg Lily's baking chips
- Mix the cocoa powder and water in the bowl of a stand mixer until a thick paste has formed.
- Add the cream cheese, butter and sweetener, and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the mixture into 15 balls approx 1" diameter. Place on tray or pan lined with a silicone mat or baking parchment.
- Freeze for one hour before transferring to a lidded container.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before eating.
7g net carbs per serving of three balls (recipe makes 15)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size Three Balls
Amount Per Serving Calories 242Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gCholesterol 54mgSodium 322mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 9g