These low carb frozen chocolate treats contain cocoa powder and chocolate chips!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I’ve never really been into fat bombs as I don’t technically follow a LCHF diet – more a LCMF diet: Low Carb Medium Fat! Do you think it will catch on? 😉 But I do love the idea of controlling quantity when it comes to frozen treats and these little balls of chocolaty goodness are perfect!
The recipe details are below, or you could check out my how-to video!
In a stand mixer bowl, mix together unsweetened cocoa powder and water until smooth. Add a block of cream cheese and a stick of butter – both should be room temperature. Add some low carb sweetener. Beat until smooth. Add in some low carb chocolate chips (I adore the Lily’s Sweets brand!) and stir well.
Form the mixture into balls and place on a small tray lined with baking parchment – this quarter sheet pan with silicone mat was perfect! This recipe forms about 16 balls of 1″ diameter – or as I prefer to think of it – 15 balls for the freezer, and one for me to eat right now!
NOTE: If you want neater balls (oo-er!) then place the mixture in the fridge before rolling them into balls. It’s less messy on the hands, too!
Place in the freezer until frozen – about an hour is enough, then transfer to a container with a lid. Remove from freezer 5-10 minutes before eating.
(And because I’m sure it breaks several rules on safe defrosting, I’m absolutely NOT going to recommend zapping them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds so that the outside is still cool but the inside is melted and gooey…)
Frozen Chocolate Treat Balls! #lchf #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup water
- 8 oz brick cream cheese room temperature
- 4 oz unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup low carb sweetener
- ¼ cup low carb chocolate chips eg Lily's baking chips
- Mix the cocoa powder and water in the bowl of a stand mixer until a thick paste has formed.
- Add the cream cheese, butter and sweetener, and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the mixture into 16 balls approx 1" diameter. Place on tray or pan lined with a silicone mat or baking parchment.
- Freeze for one hour before transferring to a lidded container.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before eating.
2.4g net carbs per ball
Check out my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes Ebook!
If you adore chocolate - you'll love my book! Over 60 amazing recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!