The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Creamy, zesty, sweet and tangy – this ice cream is SO good! It is perfect for a hot summer’s day, although it is so refreshing that you can enjoy it at any time of year!
To make the ice cream base, grate the zest of a lemon, then cut it in half and squeeze out the juice. I use a Microplane Zester – it is really easy to grate the zest of lemons or limes!
Add the zest and juice to a food processor along with room temperature cream cheese, unsweetened almond milk and Da Vinci liquid sweetener. Blend until smooth. Do a quick taste test for sweetness – you may prefer it a little sweeter, if so you can add more of the syrup, then blend again.
Pour it into a bowl and leave in the fridge for an hour. Then pour the mixture into an ice cream maker – I love my Cuisinart! Once the ice cream has churned, transfer it to a container and freeze. Sprinkle with extra lemon zest if desired.
Low Carb Lemon Ice Cream #lowcarb #sugarfree Click To Tweet
- 1 lemon - zest and juice
- 8 oz brick of cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ - ½ cup sugar free sweetening syrup
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Start with just 1/4 cup of the sugar free syrup. Blend until mixed well.
- Test for sweetness, add more syrup if required and blend again.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Place in the freezer. To serve, sprinkle over extra lemon zest if desired.
5g net carbs per serving