This low carb London Mule is a gin-based mixed drink that is sugar-free and keto friendly!
This post may contain affiliate links.
I'm sure that you've all heard of a Moscow Mule, but have you tried a London Mule? Also known as a Gin-gin Mule, a Munich Mule and a Foghorn, it features gin as the alcohol instead of vodka.
Just like a Moscow Mule, it also includes lime juice and ginger beer, and is served in a copper mug. For the ginger beer you'll need to find one that is low- or (preferably) zero- carb. Here are some options:
- Goslings Diet Ginger Beer (zero carb, sweetened with sucralose) – widely available at grocery stores
- Zevia Ginger Beer Mixer (zero carb, sweetened with stevia) – available from Netrition
- Reeds Zero Sugar Ginger Beer (zero carb, sweetened with erythritol) – available at Whole Foods, Trader Joes and several more
- Top Hat Ginger Beer Concentrate (zero carb, sweetened with monk fruit) – available from Amazon
- And if you're in the UK, look out for Glen Affric Fiery Ginger, Old Jamaica Diet Ginger Beer, or many supermarkets have their own sugar free brand versions
Check out all my low carb gin drinks!
How to Make a Low Carb London Mule
Fill two copper mugs three-quarters-full with ice. Squeeze some lime juice into each mug (I love this citrus squeezer!), about a tablespoon into each. Note: The lime juice is the only ingredient that is adding any carbohydrates to this drink, so be careful how much you add.
Add some London dry gin and stir to mix. Top up each mug with zero carb ginger beer – I used the Goslings brand as it was the best price and the sucralose couldn't be tasted with all that spicy ginger!
Garnish with lime wedges.
Check out my recipe for a low carb Moscow Mule!
- 2 tbs freshly squeezed lime juice, divided
- 4 tbs London dry gin, divided
- 12 fl oz (1 can) zero carb ginger beer
- lime wedges, to garnish
- Fill two copper mugs three-quarters-full with ice. Squeeze the lime juice into each mug, about a tablespoon into each.
- Divide the gin between the mugs and stir to mix. Top up each mug with zero carb ginger beer.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 54Total Fat 0gSodium 10mgCarbohydrates 1.3gNet Carbohydrates 1.3gFiber 0gSugar 0.3gProtein 0g