This low carb pasta bake uses shirataki pasta to keep the carbs down! Loaded with chicken and cheese, this is a really amazing entree!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I’ve previously mentioned shirataki noodles and rice: zero carb substitutes for the real deal that make low carb living that little bit easier. However, Miracle Noodles (my fave brand of shirataki) also makes pasta – ziti! Now, I will say that if you look on reviews of places like Amazon or Netrition, the comments are not always favorable, even among those who like the other products by the company. I would agree that they aren’t as good. You probably won’t be making mac and cheese or pasta salad from them any time soon. However, they DO work well in a pasta bake.
Get 10% off when you order from Miracle Noodles direct! Use coupon code “AFF10” on checkout to get your discount!
The ziti’s role in this “pasta bake” is to add bulk, and make the dish more filling. It absorbs the other flavors very well, and isn’t texturally strange after being baked. Have I convinced you? Here’s how to make it!
First prepare the ziti by draining it in a colander over the sink, and rinsing it in cold water.
Place in a bowl, cover with boiling water and let it sit for five minutes. Drain, and set aside.
In a skillet, add olive oil and place over a medium heat. Add garlic and chopped onion and cook until the onion has softened. Add tomato sauce, dried oregano, salt and black pepper. Simmer for a few minutes. Add some shredded cheese and cook until it has melted.
Add in some cooked chopped chicken and the drained ziti. Stir well, then transfer to a baking dish.
Cover the pasta mixture in more cheese and cook in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the cheese topping is starting to brown. These are two REALLY big portions!
Low Carb Pasta Bake with Chicken #lowcarb #shirataki Click To Tweet
- 2 7 oz bags shirataki pasta (ziti)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese divided
- 9 oz cooked chicken sliced or chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Drain the pasta and rinse thoroughly. Place in a bowl and cover in boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes then drain. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil, then add the onion and garlic. Saute until the onion has softened.
- Add the tomato sauce, oregano, salt and pepper. Add HALF of the cheese, and stir into the sauce until it has melted.
- Add the cooked chicken and drained pasta to the sauce, and stir well.
- Transfer to a baking dish and cover with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
11g net carbs per serving. Recipe makes 2 (large!) servings.
Check out my Low Carb Recipe Ebook!
If you adore Italian food, you'll love this collection of delicious 25 low carb Italian recipes!
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!