This low carb red wine hot chocolate is an adult-only warming drink that is perfect for a cold day! Sugar free and keto friendly recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
I have several hot chocolate recipes on this site – but this is the first one with alcohol! It's rich but not super sweet – it feels very grown-up!
If you're concerned about including alcohol on a low carb diet, please read my article – but know that you're only getting two tablespoons of wine per serving with this recipe! It's just enough to make a delicious difference.
For the red wine, I'd recommend something dry, as it will typically contain fewer carbs. Dry Farm Wines is a company that I've known for years and they specialize in wines with a VERY low carb count! They lab-test every wine to make sure that it is less than 1 carb per liter – and all their wines are organic and free of additives, sugar, and chemicals.
How to Make Low Carb Red Wine Hot Chocolate
Pour some unsweetened almond milk into a saucepan and add some low carb chocolate. I used Lily's Original Dark Chocolate, which is super easy to buy in stores these days.
Place the pan over a low-medium heat and cook until the chocolate has fully melted into the milk, stirring or whisking occasionally.
Add the red wine, and cook until warmed through.
Pour into two mugs or cups, and garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate (I used a Microplane), if desired.
Imagine coming back to this delicious drink after a long walk on a winter's day!
Check out all my other yummy low carb winter recipes!
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 40g (approx 1½ oz) low carb chocolate
- ¼ cup (2 fl oz) dry red wine
- whipped cream and grated low carb chocolate, optional garnish
- Pour the almond milk into a saucepan and add the chocolate.
- Place the pan over a low-medium heat and cook until the chocolate has fully melted into the milk, stirring or whisking occasionally.
- Add the red wine, and cook until warmed through.
- Pour into two mugs or cups, and garnish with whipped cream and grated chocolate, if desired.
3g net carbs per serving (half the recipe, not including garnish)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 127Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 121mgCarbohydrates 12.5gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 6.5gSugar 0gSugar Alcohols 3gProtein 2g