This low carb Santa pancake is a fun breakfast or dessert that the whole family can enjoy! Gluten free, sugar free and keto recipe.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Sometimes it's hard to think about “fun” food when you're trying to lose weight. But these festive Santa pancakes are great for breakfast, brunch, or even a dessert!
How to Make a Low Carb Santa Pancake
Combine an egg, cream cheese, almond flour, flaxseed meal, granular sweetener (I used Lakanto – use coupon code “SAFTC” to get 20% off everything in the Lakanto store – but xylitol or granular Swerve or would also work well), vanilla extract and baking powder in a small food processor or blender. I use an attachment for my favorite stick blender! Blend until smooth.
Heat a small non-stick skillet over a low-medium heat, and add half the pancake batter. When the base of the pancake has sealed, flip it over and continue to cook until the pancake is done.
When the pancake has cooked through, place it on a serving plate. Add some hulled and halved strawberries for the hat.
Then spray some dairy whipped cream to form the hat trim and beard. Reddi-wip DOES contain sugar, but not so much that it affects the overall carb count too badly. You could also whip your own cream if you prefer!
Finally, add some Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Chips for eyes and mouth.
Variation idea – skip the strawberries and cream and just add some of the baking chips to the batter for delicious low carb choc chip pancakes!!
Make the second pancake in the same way (or even better – get someone to help you – with one person decorating and the other cooking pancakes!) Enjoy your festive breakfast, snack or dessert!
Make sure you've checked out my 35+ Low Carb Christmas Treats!#lowcarb #santa pancake! Fun festive food that the whole family will love!! Click To Tweet
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 tbs almond flour
- 1 tbs flaxseed meal
- 2 tsp Lakanto, or similar sweetener
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 10 small strawberries, hulled and halved
- 4 tbs dairy whipped cream
- 1 tbs low carb mini chocolate chips, eg Lily's or similar
- Combine an egg, cream cheese, almond flour, flaxseed meal, sweetener, vanilla extract and baking powder in a small food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet and pour half the batter in. Let the base cook then flip it over.
- When it is fully cooked, transfer it to a plate and add strawberries for a hat, whipped cream for the hat trim and beard, and chocolate chips for eyes and mouth. Keep it warm while you make the other pancake.
6g net carbs per serving (incl toppings)
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 Pancake with toppings
Amount Per ServingCalories 216 Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 117mg Sodium 125mg Carbohydrates 9g Net Carbohydrates 6g Fiber 3g Sugar 4g Protein 6g
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!