This low carb strawberry daiquiri is a wonderfully refreshing and fruity cocktail. Sugar free and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
The basic ingredients for a standard strawberry daiquiri are ice, rum, Triple Sec, fresh strawberries, lime. Although the strawberries and lime contain a few carbohydrates, the Triple Sec is the main issue. This orange liquor is loaded with sugar! So here is my low carb version. Cheers!
If you love cocktails like, you might like to check out all my other low carb drinks!
How To Make Low Carb Strawberry Daiquiri
Blend until smooth. Test for sweetness – depending on the strawberries and your personal taste, you might find that it is sweet enough for you.
If you prefer things a little sweeter, add some low carb simple syrup or sugar free sweetening syrup. If your drink is sweet enough already, you might like to add a little water to thin it out a bit and make it into a longer drink.
At this stage you have the option to strain the cocktail – it depends on how much those little strawberry pips will bother you! But for best results, use a fine mesh sieve. It really doesn't take very long to strain!
Pour over ice and serve with a garnish of strawberry and lime. Enjoy your keto strawberry daiquiri!
The orange extract adds quite a lot to the overall flavor so it's definitely worth including to stop it being like an alcoholic strawberry sauce. Which actually doesn't sound too bad, now I think about it!
Low Carb Strawberry Daiquiri #lowcarb #sugarfree #lowcarbcocktails Click To Tweet
- 6 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbs light rum
- ¼ tsp orange extract
- 1-2 tbs low carb simple syrup, or water, as needed
- ice cubes
- Add strawberries, light rum, lime juice and orange extract to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Test for sweetness - depending on the strawberries and your personal taste, you might find that it is sweet enough for you.
- If you prefer things a little sweeter, add some syrup. If your drink is sweet enough already, you might like to add a little water to thin it out and make it into a longer drink.
- If you prefer to remove the strawberry pips, push the mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Pour over ice and serve with a garnish of strawberry and lime.
4g net carbs per serving (whole recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Whole recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 93Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 0g
Check out my low carb drinks board on Pinterest!
Follow StepAwayFromTheCarbs's board Low Carb Drinks on Pinterest.
Check out my Low Carb Cocktails Recipes Ebook!
If you want more low carb cocktail recipes, check out my mini ebook!