This fragrant low carb Thai fish curry is an easy one-dish recipe with cauliflower rice and green beans!
This post may contain affiliate links.
This filling and delicious traybake is so easy to make! I made things extra easy for myself by using a frozen bag of microwaveable cauliflower rice, but you can always make your own cauli rice!
But if you have frozen cauliflower rice and frozen fish – all you need is some fresh green beans and this dish would be ideal for a weeknight meal!
How to Make a Low Carb Thai Fish Curry Traybake
Place some cooked cauliflower rice into the base of a baking dish.
In a jug, whisk together some canned coconut milk, green Thai curry paste, and fish sauce. Set aside.
Next, place the fish on the cauli rice. I was cooking for three people but I'm sure you could fit a fourth piece of fish in if you wanted! I used mahi mahi fillets that I cooked from frozen. Scatter some chopped green beans around the fish.
Note: If you are using thawed or fresh fish fillets you may like to par-boil the beans first. See recipe card for suggested cooking times.
Pour the curry sauce over the fish and beans, then season with salt and pepper.
Cover with foil and roast in a preheated oven until the fish is flaking apart. Garnish with cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
I absolutely love the soft cauliflower rice, tender fish, and that the beans still have a little bite to them. All wrapped up in a spicy curry sauce!
- 12 oz cooked cauliflower rice
- 1 cup unsweetened full fat canned coconut milk
- 3 tbs green Thai curry paste
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 3 (4 oz) frozen mahi mahi fillets (or similar white fish)
- 1 cup chopped fresh green beans
- salt and black pepper
- cilantro leaves and lime wedges, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C.
- Place the cauliflower rice into the base of a baking dish. I used a handy microwave bag - super convenient!
- In a jug, whisk together the coconut milk, curry paste, and fish sauce. Set aside.
- Next, place the fish on the cauli rice and scatter the green beans around the fish.
- Pour the curry sauce over the fish and beans, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and roast until the fish is flaking apart, about 25-35 minutes depending on thickness. See notes for cooking times if using fresh or thawed fish.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges.
If you are using thawed or fresh fish fillets you may like to par-boil the beans first. Reduce the cooking time to 15-20 minutes, depending on thickness of the fish.
9g net carbs per serving (a third of the whole recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size A third of the dish
Amount Per Serving Calories 331Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 107mgSodium 944mgCarbohydrates 11gNet Carbohydrates 9gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 32g
Inspired by this recipe.