If you want to know how to make cauliflower rice, here's my top method! It's perfect for anyone following a low carb diet and it's so easy to make!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Cauliflower rice is a really great way to get a filling meal without consuming a huge amount of carbs. About 100g (just over one cup) is 3g net carbs – compared to about 44g for white rice! It is a great source of vitamin C, as well as several B vitamins and vitamin K.
These days, it is actually quite easy to buy cauliflower ready-riced, either fresh or frozen. However, this usually isn't the cheapest option, so here's a tutorial on how to rice your own cauliflower!
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
Slice a whole fresh head of cauliflower in half, then chop one half into rough pieces.
Add them to a blender (I have a Ninja and love it!), and cover about three-quarters of the way with water. If you process it WITHOUT the water then it doesn't get chopped so easily and it's pretty tricky to empty the cauliflower out of the blender.
Pulse for a few seconds and the cauliflower will be riced.
Drain through a colander or sieve.
Repeat with the other half of the cauliflower!
By the way, “cauli rice” freezes really well, too! Just portion it into ziplock bags, then defrost as needed.
Here are some uses and recipes for your cauliflower rice:
- Make a risotto! Try this Cauliflower Risotto with Roasted Red Peppers and Burrata or Pumpkin Risotto!
- Serve with curry or chilli (like this Tandoori Lamb or Chicken Korma recipe!)
- Saffron Cauliflower Rice
- Use it as the rice component for a pilaf – here's my recipe for Sausage and Cauli Rice Pilaf!
- Cardamom Cauliflower Rice
- Making a one-pan tray bake? Use cauli rice!
- Cauliflower Fried Rice with Bacon, Asparagus and Poached Eggs
- Sauté with garlic, butter and herbs, and serve with grilled meat or fish
- Low Carb Italian Sausage and Cauliflower Salad
- Make a pizza crust with it! Here's my low carb recipe!
- Low Carb Tabbouleh
- Add it to a stir fry
- One Pot Chicken and Cauli Rice Casserole
- Low Carb Stuffed Peppers
- 1 large head cauliflower, raw
- Slice the cauliflower in half, then chop one half into rough pieces.
- Add them to a blender, and cover about three-quarters of the way with water.
- Pulse for a few seconds and the cauliflower will be riced.
- Drain through a colander or sieve.
- Repeat for the other half of the cauliflower
6g net carbs per serving (quarter of the whole cauliflower)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the rice
Amount Per ServingCalories 52Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gSodium 63mgCarbohydrates 10gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 4g
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!