These low carb tuna tacos are made with fresh ahi tuna steaks, low carb tortillas, and delicious vegetables – all finished with spicy mayo!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I was updating my best low carb fish recipes post the other day and noticed a distinct lack of tuna recipes. In truth, in the UK, fresh tuna is a lot more affordable than where I live in the US, so I've veered more towards salmon, tilapia, and a few others.
But I thought I should readdress the balance, so here are tuna tacos for you to try! They're seasoned with my homemade Mexican seasoning blend – only three ingredients and SO useful to have on hand.
This recipe obviously relies on low carb tortillas – check out my comparison and review of some great options. The net carb count for these tacos is 6.5g each – based on tortillas with a 4g net carb count. If you wanted to reduce this number so that you can enjoy more than one – consider substituting a lettuce wrap for the tortilla!
How to Make Low Carb Tuna Tacos
Meanwhile, assemble the rest of the taco fillings. These taco stands are particularly useful for soft tacos – but if you want to make hard tacos check out my recipe for low carb shrimp tacos.
Add some shredded red cabbage and sliced radishes to low carb tortillas.
Slice the tuna steaks and divide between the tortillas and add some diced avocado.
Finish with a dollop or drizzle of spicy mayo. Here are some options:
I'd recommend starting with about six tablespoons of mayonnaise and then adding the heat element slowly, tasting regularly. Or you could use store-bought Chipotle Aioli!
- 2 (4 oz) fresh ahi tuna steaks (or frozen and thawed)
- 2 tsp homemade Mexican seasoning blend
- 6 low carb tortillas
- 1.5 cups shredded red cabbage
- 6 radishes, trimmed and sliced into half moons
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 6 tbs spicy mayo (see main post for options)
- Pat the tuna steaks dry with paper towels then sprinkle some Mexican seasoning onto both sides.
- Heat a grill pan over a medium-high heat and cook the tuna until done to your liking. Let rest.
- Meanwhile, assemble the rest of the taco fillings. Add the cabbage and radishes to the tortillas.
- Slice the tuna steaks and divide between the tacos, then add the avocado and finish with a tablespoon of spicy mayo on each taco.
- Serve immediately.
6.5g net carbs per taco based on using tortillas with 4g net carbs each
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 taco
Amount Per Serving Calories 280Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 3.4gCholesterol 24mgSodium 443mgCarbohydrates 25gNet Carbohydrates 6.5gFiber 18.5gSugar 1gProtein 18g