These low carb prosciutto cups are filled with a delicious egg and Parmesan mixture! Great for serving as an appetizer or a snack!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Egg and bacon gets a facelift with these adorable one-bite cups! This recipe makes 12 but could easily be doubled for a brunch buffet. They are best served warm – and are perfect little bites that your guests will love!
The prosciutto crisps up when baked, making it the perfect container for the cheesy egg mixture filling. I've garnished them here with parsley, but you can change the flavor profile by using different herbs like chives, basil, or tarragon. And you can easily add extra flavors to the filling, too. How about a little paprika or old bay seasoning?
How to Make Prosciutto Cups with Egg and Parmesan
Make the filling by mashing together hard boiled eggs, mayonnaise, grated Parmesan and black pepper. Set aside. Top tip! Try hard boiling the eggs in an Instant Pot!
Cut slices of prosciutto in half and line 12 cups of a mini muffin pan, pushing the prosciutto down into the base to form a cup shape.
Place the muffin tin in a preheated oven for 3-5 minutes or until the edges start to turn crispy. Remove from the oven and spoon the egg mixture into each of the prosciutto cups.
Return to the oven for another 2-3 minutes, until everything is warmed through. Serve warm, garnished with a little chopped parsley.
If you already have hard boiled eggs – this is a very quick appetizer or snack to make and cook! Great for last-minute guests!
Oh and a deviled egg platter is great for serving this dish!
These Prosciutto Cups are filled with a delicious egg and Parmesan mixture! #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- 6 slices of prosciutto, approx 2 oz
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Make the filling by combining the eggs, Parmesan, mayonnaise and black pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the prosciutto slices in half and press them into 12 cups of a mini muffin pan. Bake the prosciutto cups for 3-5 minutes or until starting to turn crispy at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and divide the mixture evenly between the cups. Bake again for another 2-3 minutes until everything has been warmed through.
- Serve warm, garnished with parsley.
0.8g net carbs per serving (three cups)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 3 cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 122Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 104mgSodium 172mgCarbohydrates 0.8gNet Carbohydrates 0.8gFiber 0gProtein 5g