This bacon herb dip is perfect for serving with shrimp! It's a super easy low carb appetizer recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links.
As much as I love dunking fresh shrimp into a low carb cocktail sauce – I like to switch it up every now and then and try something different! This dip combines crispy bacon, fresh herbs all mixed together in a creamy sauce. And it isn't the first time that I've combined shrimp and bacon, either! My Buttery Shrimp with Bacon recipe is SO delicious!
How to Make a Bacon Herb Dip for Shrimp
Add the herbs, green onion and garlic paste to a mini food processor (I use the attachment on my stick blender) and process until smooth. I've used basil and flat-leaf parsley on this occasion, but some chives or oregano might work well, too!
Scrape the herby goodness into a large bowl and add plain Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and cooked chopped bacon. Stir well, test for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
Transfer to a serving bowl and keep covered in the fridge until required.Shrimp with Bacon Herb Dip - easy #lowcarb appetizer recipe Click To Tweet
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 6 oz Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices cooked bacon, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Add the herbs, green onions and garlic paste to a mini food processor and process until smooth.
- Scrape the herby goodness into a large bowl and add Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and cooked chopped bacon. Stir well, test for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and keep covered in the fridge until required.
2.8g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size Sixth of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 145Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 15mgSodium 168mgCarbohydrates 2.8gNet Carbohydrates 2.8gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 5g