This bacon herb dip is perfect for serving with shrimp! It's a super easy low carb appetizer recipe!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
As much as I love dunking fresh shrimp into a low carb cocktail sauce – I like to switch it up every now and then and try something different! This dip combines crispy bacon, fresh herbs all mixed together in a creamy sauce. And it isn't the first time that I've combined shrimp and bacon, either! My Buttery Shrimp with Bacon recipe is SO delicious!
How to Make a Bacon Herb Dip for Shrimp
Add the herbs, green onion and garlic paste to a mini food processor (I use the attachment on my stick blender) and process until smooth. I've used basil and flat-leaf parsley on this occasion, but some chives or oregano might work well, too!
Scrape the herby goodness into a large bowl and add plain Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and cooked chopped bacon. Stir well, test for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
Transfer to a serving bowl and keep covered in the fridge until required.
Shrimp with Bacon Herb Dip - easy #lowcarb appetizer recipe Click To Tweet
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 6 oz Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices cooked bacon, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Add the herbs, green onions and garlic paste to a mini food processor and process until smooth.
- Scrape the herby goodness into a large bowl and add Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and cooked chopped bacon. Stir well, test for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and keep covered in the fridge until required.
2.8g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size Sixth of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 145Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 15mgSodium 168mgCarbohydrates 2.8gNet Carbohydrates 2.8gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 5g
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!