This bacon mayonnaise is made with leftover bacon fat! A fantastic low carb and keto-friendly condiment with many uses!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Did you see my recent recipe for bacon grease salad dressing? Well only a few days later I had acquired more bacon fat and decided to get creative.
I adapted my recipe for homemade lemon mayo by substituting the olive oil with the bacon grease. The result was a glossy and silky-smooth mayo that had a TON of flavor. And it was super easy to make!
How to Make Bacon Mayonnaise
If the bacon grease is solid, melt half a cup of it in the microwave then let it cool to room temperature. When the grease is ready, whisk together egg yolks, white wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard together in a bowl.
Very slowly dribble the bacon fat into the bowl, whisking constantly.
Note: You can also make this mayo in a small blender – which is less work but not as satisfying!
When all the fat has been incorporated and a mayonnaise has formed, taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as desired.
Transfer to a bowl or jar, cover and store in the fridge for up to three days.
Here are some suggested uses for your bacon fat mayo:
- Use it to make low carb coleslaw
- Spread it onto chicken or turkey skin before roasting
- Add it to a filling for deviled eggs
- Enjoy it on a burger
- Slather it onto a low carb grilled cheese
- Add herbs and garlic to make an aioli to serve with fish or veggies
- Or how about spreading it onto this No-Bread BLT?!?!?
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup bacon fat, melted and cooled to room temperature
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the egg yolks, white wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard together in a bowl.
- Very slowly dribble the melted bacon fat into the bowl, whisking constantly.
- When all the fat has been incorporated and a mayonnaise has formed, taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Transfer to a bowl or jar, cover and store in the fridge for up to three days.
0.3g net carbs per serving of two tablespoons
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving Calories 209Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 93mgSodium 107mgCarbohydrates 0.3gNet Carbohydrates 0.3gFiber 0gSugar 0.1gProtein 1g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.