This bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin is marinated first for a fantastic flavor. A delicious recipe that is very low in carbohydrates!
This post may contain affiliate links.
My usual method of cooking pork tenderloin is to give it a coating of mustard and crushed pork rinds.
Here I've done something a little different – as well as marinating the pork first, I've kept the meat tender and juicy by wrapping it in bacon. And we ALL know that bacon makes everything better!
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
Trim the silverskin from a pork tenderloin, place it in a sealable plastic bag (ziplock or similar) and add onion powder, garlic powder, white wine and soy sauce. A baggie stand is useful for this stage! Mix the marinade around and massage it over the meat.
Seal the bag and place it in the fridge for at least two hours. Overnight works fine too but probably best not to leave it longer than 24 hours. When you're ready to cook, drain the marinade from the pork and discard it. Wrap slices of bacon around the tenderloin, tucking any loose ends underneath.
Place onto a baking tray, season with black pepper, and roast in a pre-heated oven for 25-40 minutes depending on thickness of the meat. A meat thermometer is useful here – and you're aiming for 145F for medium rare or 160F for medium. Once the pork is cooked, you might like to crisp up the bacon further by placing it under a hot broiler for a few minutes – but this stage is optional.
Let rest for five minutes before slicing and serving.
Note: I haven't included the marinade ingredients in the nutritional data as their values are negligible.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin - low carb, keto, atkins recipe Click To Tweet
- 4 tbs dry white wine
- 2 tbs soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 6 slices bacon
- black pepper
- Place the trimmed tenderloin in a sealable plastic bag and add the onion powder, garlic powder, wine and soy sauce. Mix the marinade around and massage it over the meat. Keep in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Drain the marinade from the pork and discard it. Wrap the bacon around the tenderloin, tucking any loose ends underneath.
- Place onto a baking tray, season with black pepper, and roast for 25-40 minutes or until desired internal temperature has been reached (145F for medium-rare, 160F) for medium).
- Optional - place the cooked pork under a hot broiler to crisp the bacon.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
0.6g net carbs per serving (nutritional data does not include marinade ingredients)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the tenderloin
Amount Per Serving Calories 495Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 200mgSodium 710mgCarbohydrates 0.6gNet Carbohydrates 0.6gFiber 0gProtein 71g