Try this fantastic bacon wrapped pork tenderloin for a super tasty low carb meal!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
My usual method of cooking pork tenderloin is to give it a coating of mustard and crushed pork rinds.
Here I've done something a little different – as well as marinating the pork first, I've kept the meat tender and juicy by wrapping it in bacon. And we ALL know that bacon makes everything better!
Trim the silverskin from a pork tenderloin, place it in a sealable plastic bag (ziplock or similar) and add onion powder, garlic paste, white wine and soy sauce. Mix the marinade around and massage it over the meat. Seal the bag and place it in the fridge for at least two hours. Overnight works fine too but probably best not to leave it longer than 24 hours.
When you're ready to cook, preheat the oven to 400F. Drain the marinade from pork and wrap slices of bacon around it.
Place onto a baking tray and roast for 25-30 minutes or until desired internal temperature has been reached. A meat thermometer is useful here – and you're aiming for 145F for medium rare or 160F for medium.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin - low carb, keto, atkins recipe Click To Tweet
Slice and serve. Note: I haven't included the marinade ingredients in the nutritional data as their values are negligible.
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 lb pork tenderloin trimmed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbs dry white wine
- 2 tbs soy sauce or tamari
- 4 slices bacon
- Place the trimmed tenderloin in a sealable plastic bag and add the onion powder, garlic paste, wine and soy sauce. Mix the marinade around and massage it over the meat. Keep in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Drain the marinade from pork and wrap the bacon around it. Place onto a baking tray and roast for 25-30 minutes or until desired internal temperature has been reached.
- Slice and serve.
Check out my Low Carb Ebook - all Five Ingredients or Less!
If you're too tired or too busy to prepare complicated low carb meals, then this is the recipe book for you!