This low carb Santa cocktail is the perfect recipe for a special treat this festive season! Sugar free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Oh how I love Christmas! And cocktails! So what could be better than a Santa cocktail?!? A low carb Santa cocktail!! This recipe does have a few stages – mainly to prepare the raspberry base, but it can all be done in advance and then quickly assembled whenever you're ready to enjoy this fruity treat! Oh and if you're in the mood for festive cocktails, you could also try my Low Carb Chocolate Peppermint Cocktail!
How to Make a Low Carb Santa Cocktail
Add fresh raspberries, water, and low carb sweetener (classic Lakanto would be perfect – use coupon code “SAFTC” to get 20% off everything in the Lakanto store) to a small saucepan (you may like to reserve a few raspberries for garnishing later). Cook over a medium heat until the fruit breaks down.
Let cool then blitz the mixture in a blender or similar (I use the handy attachment on my stick blender!) until smooth.
Then push it through a sieve to remove any seeds. This may feel like a lot of work but the end result will be worth it! And as I mentioned, you can do all this preparation ahead of time.
To garnish the glass, wipe a little liquid sweetener around the rim of each glass (I use martini glasses!), then dip it into a sweetener that you like the taste of – I use more Lakanto. Just pour some sweetener onto a plate, invert the glass and dip it in!
To make the cocktail, add the raspberry mixture, gin, and ice to a cocktail shaker and shake well.
Divide the mixture between two glasses, then top up with Prosecco. Add a garnish of fresh raspberries if you like!
Note: The carb count is quite tricky to work out for this drink because the raspberry seeds have been removed, which makes up much of the raspberry's carbohydrates. But I have given my best estimate in the recipe card below!
- 6 oz fresh raspberries
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs classic Lakanto sweetener
- 1 fl oz gin
- liquid sweetener, optional
- extra Lakanto sweetener, optional
- Add raspberries, water, and sweetener to a small saucepan. Cook over a medium heat until the fruit breaks down.
- Let cool then blitz the mixture in a blender (or use a stick/hand blender) until smooth. Then push it through a sieve to remove any seeds.
- To garnish the glasses, wipe a little liquid sweetener around the rim of each glass. Pour some more sweetener onto a plate, invert the glass and dip it in.
- To make the cocktail, add the raspberry mixture, gin, and ice to a cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Divide the mixture between two glasses, then top up with Prosecco. Add a garnish of fresh raspberries if you like.
5g net carbs per drink (best estimate as not all the raspberry parts are consumed).
The raspberry puree can be made in advance and stored in the fridge.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 90Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gSodium 3mgCarbohydrates 10gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 5gSugar 4gProtein 1g