The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Baked Brie is often wrapped in pastry before baking (Brie en croute) – but it works perfectly well without the pastry too! Just place it in a baking dish and bake it in the oven until it is super soft in the center. An 8oz (250g) wheel of Brie takes 12-15 minutes in a 375F oven. I often cook it on a piece of parchment paper for easy transferring.
You can test when it’s done by gently pushing your finger down on the center of the Brie – if it feels super squidgy then it’s probably ready! Just transfer it to a serving dish, cut it open, and watch all that delicious ooey gooey cheese tumble out!Baked Brie #lowcarb #lowcarbappetizer #lchf #zerocarb Click To Tweet
Brie pairs well with herbs such as thyme and rosemary, and many other ingredients including tomatoes, olives, mushrooms and pistachios! I happen to really enjoy just eating it plain with some flaxseed crackers or cucumber sticks. Although high in fat, the Brie doesn’t contain any carbs, so this is an indulgent lunch that my husband and I will share – and it is completely carb-free!
If you want some easy low carb toppings then this Low Carb Cranberry Sauce Mix from LC Foods would be a good option – or make your own from my easy recipe. Netrition also has a wide range of low carb fruit spreads and preserves.
Alternatively, here are some low carb Baked Brie recipes from around the web:
- Baked Brie Recipe with Sun-Dried Tomatoes from Taste and Tell
- Maple Syrup and Pecan Baked Brie from Fynes Designs (use a low carb maple syrup instead)
- Baked Brie with Caramelized Onions from The Galley Gourmet (switch the sugar for preferred sweetener)
- Baked Mushroom Topped Brie from Mushrooms Canada
- Baked Brie with Blackberry Compote from Brown Eyed Baker (make the compote with sweetener instead)
- You could also try Brie stuffed inside chicken with asparagus for a fancy meal!
- And lastly, stuff the Brie but keep don’t bake it – you’ll love the Italian flavors in this appetizer!