These baked mushrooms with eggs are a wonderful low carb breakfast, with hardly any preparation required.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I'm always on the lookout for easy low carb breakfasts – and this certainly works for me! Hardly any prep required, which means while it is cooking I can get on with other morning tasks. It's also a super easy recipe to increase if cooking for more than one person – plus you can add in any spices or seasoning that you fancy.
How to Make Baked Mushrooms with Eggs
Place two portabella mushrooms on a baking tray lined with foil or a silicone mat (I love this quarter sheet one). Bake the mushrooms in a preheated oven for ten minutes. Drain any excess liquid, then crack an egg into each mushroom cup. Season with salt and pepper, then CAREFULLY return it to the oven, making sure not to spill any of the egg out of the mushroom. (If this happens, just let it cook as it falls, then scoop it afterwards – it won't look so pretty, but it will taste just the same!
Bake for a further 10 minutes or until the egg white has set. Garnish with finely chopped fresh parsley.
Baked Mushrooms with Eggs - easy #lowcarb breakfast recipe Click To Tweet
- 2 portabella mushrooms, stem removed, wiped clean
- salt and black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking tray lined with foil or silicone mat. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid, then crack an egg into each mushroom cup. Season with salt and pepper, then CAREFULLY return it to the oven.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes or until the egg white has set. Garnish with finely chopped fresh parsley.
5g net carbs per serving (whole recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Whole recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 162Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 327mgSodium 140mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 14g
Check out my Low Carb Meals For One Recipes Ebook!
Are you the only person following a low carb diet in your home? Check out my book!