This blue cheese mashed cauliflower is a low carb side dish which is packed with flavor! A super easy recipe that works well with roasted meat.
This post also contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I've been making mashed cauliflower as an alternative to potato for over ten years! In fact, I even wrote a post about all the low carb ways to use cauli mash!
I often make Horseradish Cauliflower Mash, but the other day I decided to make something even bolder – and add blue cheese crumbles! The flavor is strong, so it's the perfect accompaniment for some grilled or roasted meat.
How to Make Blue Cheese Mashed Cauliflower
Cook the cauliflower until super tender using whichever method you prefer. I love the frozen microwave steam packets, but boiling the cauliflower is fine too! Transfer the cooked cauliflower to a large bowl (drained, if necessary), and add cream cheese and some blue cheese crumbles.
Use a potato masher to mash everything together.
Alternatively, process the cauliflower mixture in a food processor, shown below. As you might expect, it makes the finished dish much smoother – but you might prefer a rougher texture!
Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
Transfer to a serving bowl or plate and serve, garnished with a little chopped parsley.
Now I will admit that at first glance, it looks like regular cauli mash. But the taste is SO different!
- 16 oz frozen cauliflower florets
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Cook the cauliflower until super tender using whichever method you prefer. Transfer the cooked cauliflower to a large bowl (drained, if necessary), and add cream cheese and some blue cheese crumbles.
- Use a potato masher to mash everything together. Use a food processor if you prefer a smoother finish.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or plate and serve, garnished with a little chopped parsley.
4g net carbs per serving (quarter of the recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 108Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 21mgSodium 233mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 5g
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!