This cantaloupe melon, arugula and feta salad is a wonderfully refreshing recipe to try this summer!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
If you’re looking for a light and refreshing salad – try this one! The flavor combination works really well: the slightly spicy arugula leaves, the soft sweet melon, and the creamy feta cheese – all seasoned with a super simple dressing.
I classify melon as the second-lowest fruit in the carbohydrate chart – the lowest being berries. A cup of diced cantaloupe contains about 11g net carbs, so although not super low, when mixed in this salad with everything else, the carb count balances out quite nicely.
To a large serving bowl, add chopped cantaloupe melon, arugula leaves, halved cherry tomatoes, and finely chopped green onions. Toss the salad to mix well. Scatter some feta crumbles over the top.
To prepare the dressing, add white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to a screw-top jar or similar, then shake to mix. Pour it over the salad just before serving.
This salad works beautifully as a summer appetizer for four people, or as a side salad to grilled meat or fish.Cantaloupe, Arugula and Feta Salad - a refreshing #lowcarb recipe for the summer! Click To Tweet
- ½ medium cantaloupe melon deseeded and chopped
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 green onions and finely chopped
- ¼ cup feta crumbles
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 4 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add the melon, arugula leaves, tomatoes, and green onions to a large bowl. Toss the salad to mix well. Scatter the feta crumbles over the top.
- To make the dressing, add white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to a screw-top jar or similar, then shake to mix. Pour it over the salad just before serving.
7g net carbs per serving
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!