These low carb cauliflower and cheese muffins are filling and delicious! Gluten free, LCHF and keto recipe that makes a great side dish or snack!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
These muffins are just perfect for picnics and other portable lunches! They taste just as good cold as they do hot, and they really aren't very difficult to make! And if you're craving mac and cheese – this is a very good alternative!
How to Make Cauliflower and Cheese Muffins
Cut up a head of cauliflower into small pieces, then boil until just tender. Drain the cauliflower, and return the saucepan to the heat. Add heavy cream, onion powder, and cream cheese, then whisk over a low heat until the cream cheese has melted into the cream.
Add shredded cheese (I used a “mac and cheese” blend, but anything with sharp cheddar in will work well!), and stir or whisk until it is fully incorporated. Season with black pepper.
Beat two eggs in a cup or bowl and add a little of the sauce to the eggs to temper it. Add the egg mixture into the sauce and stir well. When the sauce is smooth, add the cauliflower back into the pan and stir well to combine.
Spoon the mixture into some muffin pans sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle a little extra cheese on the top of each one.
Place in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes so that they can harden up and be removed from the muffin pan.
These #lowcarb cauliflower and cheese muffins are filling and delicious! #lchf #keto #glutenfree Click To Tweet
- non-stick spray
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into very small pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1¾ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ tsp onion powder
- black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Oil a 12-hole muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Boil the chopped cauliflower in water until tender. Drain.
- Cook the heavy cream and cream cheese over a low heat until the cream cheese has melted. Add onion powder and black pepper.
- Add 1½ cups of the shredded cheese (reserve ¼ cup for later) and stir until smooth.
- Temper the beaten eggs by adding a little of the hot sauce to them, stirring well, then adding the mixture to the sauce.
- Add the cauliflower to the sauce and stir well to combine. Spoon into the muffin pan.
- Sprinkle with the reserved shredded cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
3g net carbs per muffin.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 Muffin
Amount Per ServingCalories 179Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 76mgSodium 156mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 7g
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!