These low carb blini use jicama as a base instead of a pancake! Perfect for your next low carb party!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
There are many ways to make blini but pretty much all of them start with a batter that forms small round pancakes. These pancakes become the base for all kinds of toppings: the ones I have eaten most frequently involve sour cream, smoked salmon and/or caviar. Preparing a low carb version of the pancakes is of course one option – but I decided to try something completely different – and use rounds of jicama!
Make a cream sauce by mixing together sour cream and horseradish. Set aside.
Cut the jicama into slices – no need to peel. Use a small circle cookie cutter to make rounds from the jicama.
Spread a little of the cream sauce on each jicama round, making sure you leave a little of the sauce leftover. Add a small piece of smoked salmon to each blini, then another dab of cream sauce and a small length of fresh chive to finish.
They look so fancy!
- 1 small jicama
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp horseradish or to taste
- 2 slices smoked salmon about 1 oz
- fresh chives
- Mix together the sour cream and horseradish.
- Cut the jicama into slices (no need to peel), then cut into rounds using a small circle cookie cutter.
- Spread some of the cream sauce onto the jicama, then add a small piece of smoked salmon.
- Add a little dab of the cream sauce then finish with a strip of fresh chives.
1g net carbs per blini
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!