These low carb blini use jicama as a base instead of a pancake! Perfect for your next low carb party!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
There are many ways to make blini but pretty much all of them start with a batter that forms small round pancakes. These pancakes become the base for all kinds of toppings: the ones I have eaten most frequently involve sour cream, smoked salmon and/or caviar. Preparing a low carb version of the pancakes is of course one option – but I decided to try something completely different – and use rounds of jicama!
How to Make Low Carb Blini
Make a cream sauce by mixing together sour cream and horseradish. Set aside.
Cut the jicama into slices – no need to peel. Use a small circle cookie cutter to make rounds from the jicama.
Spread a little of the cream sauce on each jicama round, making sure you leave a little of the sauce leftover. Add a small piece of smoked salmon to each blini, then another dab of cream sauce and a small length of fresh chive to finish.
They look so fancy!
- 1 small jicama
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp horseradish, or to taste
- 2 slices smoked salmon, about 1 oz
- fresh chives
- Mix together the sour cream and horseradish.
- Cut the jicama into slices (no need to peel), then cut into rounds using a small circle cookie cutter.
- Spread some of the cream sauce onto the jicama, then add a small piece of smoked salmon.
- Add a little dab of the cream sauce then finish with a strip of fresh chives.
1g net carb per blini
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 Blini
Amount Per ServingCalories 24 Total Fat 1g Saturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 3mg Sodium 32mg Carbohydrates 2g Net Carbohydrates 1g Fiber 1g Protein 0g
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!