These cheesy scrambled eggs are the ideal recipe for a low carb or keto breakfast or lunch dish!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Most low carbers are familiar with eating a lot of eggs as part of their diet! I usually have some hard boiled eggs in the fridge at all times – they are perfect for a quick snack!
I love serving scrambled eggs with smoked salmon as part of a special occasion breakfast – but this recipe is all about CHEESY eggs – which don't go quite so well with fish in my opinion.
I used to add cheese to scrambled eggs towards the end of the cooking time, but now I add them right at the start and much prefer it. And there needs to be a LOT of cheese too. So here's my recipe!
How to Make Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
Whisk the eggs together in a bowl with a little heavy cream.
Melt some butter in a non-stick skillet, then add the whisked eggs. Immediately add some shredded cheese over the eggs. I've tried this recipe with cheddar and also a combination of mozzarella and parmesan. The cheddar has a stronger taste but the mozzarella blend was more gooey!
Scramble the eggs by gently pulling them from the outside to the center.
Test for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
Serve when cooked to your liking!
So here are some way to enjoy your cheesy scrambled eggs:
- On toast made from low carb bread
- With some baked portobello mushrooms
- In a low carb wrap
- On a ham steak
- Loaded onto a halved avocado
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 cup shredded cheese, eg cheddar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk the eggs together in a bowl with the heavy cream.
- Melt some butter in a non-stick skillet, then add the whisked eggs. Immediately add the shredded cheese over the eggs.
- Scramble the eggs by gently pulling them from the outside to the center.
- Test for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Serve when cooked to your liking!
2g net carbs per serving (half the recipe).
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 428Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 489mgSodium 564mgCarbohydrates 2gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 27g
Check out my Low Carb Ebook - all Five Ingredients or Less!
If you're too tired or too busy to prepare complicated low carb meals, then this is the recipe book for you!