These stuffed mini peppers are a wonderful low carb and keto appetizer or party food recipe!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Mini bell peppers are so cute and colorful; I think they are wonderful to work with. The book featured “proper” mini ones but my grocery delivery company sent me the biggest mini peppers ever! But I still think they look pretty.
How to Make Chicken Stuffed Mini Peppers
Start by making the stuffing: cream cheese, garlic, basil, parsley, green onions, shredded Parmesan, paprika, salt, pepper, and cooked chicken meat.
Make sure that the chicken is diced finely to make it easier to cram into the peppers! You could also use shredded chicken!
Cut the peppers by slicing lengthwise down the pepper, then making two cuts across. Carefully open it out.
Use a teaspoon to add the filling to the peppers. This part can be rather fiddly but the good news is that this can all be prepared in advance!
Place them on a small baking sheet and roast in a preheated oven until the peppers have softened and start to turn brown on top (about 12-15 minutes).
The peppers are lovely and soft and the cheesy chicken filling works so well!
- 3 oz cooked chicken, finely diced or shredded
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbs shredded Parmesan
- 1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp paprika
- salt and black pepper
- 8 mini peppers
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Make the stuffing by combining the cream cheese, garlic, basil, parsley, green onions, shredded Parmesan, paprika, salt, pepper, and cooked chicken meat together in a bowl.
- Cut the peppers by slicing lengthwise down the pepper, then making two cuts across. Carefully open it out.
- Use a teaspoon to add the filling to the peppers.
- Place them on a small baking sheet and roast in a preheated oven until the peppers have softened and start to turn brown on top (approx 12-15 minutes).
The peppers can be prepared in advance up to step four.
3g net carbs per serving of two mini peppers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 2 Stuffed Peppers
Amount Per ServingCalories 130Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 36mgSodium 252mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 8g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!