This list of low carb candy is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth! I've included recipes, products and list of keto alternatives to popular candy!
What's in this Article?
This post may contain affiliate links.
I started following a low carb diet in 2008. Like many people, I'd tried other methods of controlling what I ate in an effort to lose weight. With every other method I got bored with the food options available, or I just couldn't sustain it. Low carbing was a game-changer!
I distinctly remember how everyone said that I would lose my sweet tooth. Well, 12 years in and that's not the case. I could eat high carb sour candy right now – if I didn't have any willpower! I very much have my sweet tooth intact, and it's often my downfall.
If you're like me, you probably have a few particular candies that are harder to resist than the others. So as well as providing you with a list of low carb candy recipes, and low carb candy that you can buy, I've included a quick-fire list of most of the most popular candies and offered a low carb alternative. You're welcome!
Low Carb Candy to Make
Making your own candy means you have control over quantities and which sweetener to use. Most of the recipes here are pretty flexible as to which sweetener will work, although much is down to personal taste. You'll see a few holiday candies in the list – but as I mention in the descriptions – they're easy to change so that they work for any time of the year.
Low Carb Candy to Buy
We all know that buying something as specialized as keto candy is more expensive than making it – BUT. It sure is convenient and prices are getting better the more people realize how awesome low carb diets are!
A quick internet search for “keto candy” or similar will bring up a ton of potential products, but way too many of them use maltitol – a sugar alcohol that has been around for some time and is well documented for causing “digestive distress”. The items listed below do NOT contain maltitol, with the exception of the Atkins candies, because I've tried them and had no issues. And until something better comes along, they still have a place in the market.
Low Carb Alternatives to Popular Candy
If you're craving a particular candy – you're likely to find it here!
- 3 Musketeers – try this recipe from Ketogenic.com
- Almond Joy – try this recipe from Real Balanced
- Butterfinger – try this recipe from Keto Adapted
- Cadbury's Creme Eggs – try this recipe from Joy Filled Eats
- Gummy Bears – Make your own from my zero carb recipe, or buy SmartSweets gummy bears from Amazon!
- Heath Bar – try this recipe from Joy Filled Eats
- Hershey's kisses – try this recipe from Low Carb Yum
- Jolly Ranchers – try this recipe from Keto Adapted
- M&M's – Atkins offer both regular and peanut versions
- Mounds – try this recipe from All Day I Dream About Food
- Mr Goodbar – try this recipe from My Montana Kitchen
- Pay Day – try this recipe from Healthy Indulgence
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups – try this keto alternative from Lily's Sweets or make your own with this recipe from My Life Cookbook
- Rolos – try this fat bomb recipe from Kimspired DIY
- Snickers – try this recipe from The Health Creative
- Sour Patch – try this recipe from Keto Adapted or buy Sour Blast Buddies by SmartSweets!
- Swedish Fish – of all the SmartSweets I've tried (that's all of them!) these are my favorites! Buy them from Amazon!
- Turtles – try this recipe from Low Carb Maven
- Twix – try this low carb recipe from Sugar Free Londoner
Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments!