This super cute Chick Cheese Ball is the perfect low carb offering for an Easter party! Keto and LCHF recipe – with added bacon!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I love recipes that are naturally low carb! And this chick is so adorable, it will certainly be the star of your Easter or spring party! Oh, and I've added bacon to the filling because – well – bacon! The cheese ball itself comes together pretty quickly, and then you can be as detailed as you choose when it comes to the eyes, beak, feet, etc.
He's almost too cute to eat… almost!
How To Make an Easter Chick Cheese Ball
Combine room-temperature cream cheese, chopped cooked bacon, shredded cheese (I used mild cheddar) and black pepper together in a stand mixer on slow speed.
Spoon everything into a sheet of plastic wrap (cling film) and roll it into a ball.
Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to harden up. When the cheese ball is firmer, roll it in more shredded cheese.
Add the details like black olives for the eyes, and cut baby carrots for the beak and feet. You could even add a little tuft of feathers on its head!
Serve the chick cheese ball with some low carb crackers or veggies. Here are some ideas:
- Cucumber slices or sticks
- Dixie USA Corn Chips (which you can buy from Netrition)
- Jicama sticks
- Flax seed crackers
- Thinables crackers (order them from Amazon)
- Bell pepper strips
- Homemade tortilla chips
- Raw broccoli florets
- 8 oz brick cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- black pepper
- 2 black olives
- 3 baby carrots
- Combine the room-temperature cream cheese, chopped cooked bacon, ¼ cup of the shredded cheese, and black pepper together in a stand mixer on slow speed.
- Spoon everything into a sheet of plastic wrap (cling film) and roll it into a ball.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to harden up.
- When the cheese ball is firmer, roll it in the remaining shredded cheese.
- Add the details like black olives for the eyes, and cut baby carrots for the beak and feet. You could even add a little tuft of feathers on its head!
1g net carb per serving (one eighth of the cheese ball)
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size Eighth of the cheese ball
Amount Per ServingCalories 188Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 49mgSodium 248mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 5g
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!