This easy broccoli-rice casserole only requires a few ingredients and is a deliciously cheesy low carb and keto side dish recipe!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This casserole really is easy to make! I've included instructions for your making your own broccoli rice – which is very quick – but if you can buy broccoli already-riced than this recipe will be even easier! Just mix a few ingredients together, and bake.
If you have kids who don't like broccoli florets, then might be a way to get them to enjoy this wonderful superfood!
Check out the best low carb rice alternatives!
How to Make an Easy Broccoli Rice Casserole
Make the rice by roughly chopping a small head of broccoli (both florets and stalk) and adding it to a blender. Add cold water to cover about three-quarters of the broccoli.
Pulse a few times until rice has formed, then drain it through a fine mesh sieve.
Transfer it to a bowl, and add sour cream, shredded cheese (I used triple cheddar), and black pepper.
Mix to combine, then spoon it into a small baking dish.
Cover with foil and cook in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 10 minutes. The broccoli will still have some “bite” to it, but will be perfectly blended with the cheese and sour cream.
This dish makes a tasty side dish for three or four people to share, or a vegetarian lunch for two! You could also personalize it by adding any herbs or spices that you fancy, or experimenting with different kinds of cheese.
- 1 small crown of broccoli (approx 8 oz)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese (eg cheddar)
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Make the rice by roughly chopping the broccoli (both florets and stalk) and adding it to a blender. Add cold water to cover about three-quarters of the broccoli.
- Pulse a few times until rice has formed, then drain it through a fine mesh sieve.
- Transfer it to a bowl, and add the sour cream, shredded cheese, and black pepper. Mix to combine, then spoon it into a small baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the casserole
Amount Per Serving Calories 248Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 62mgSodium 226mgCarbohydrates 7.6gNet Carbohydrates 5.6gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 9g
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!