This keto celery side dish is warm, buttery, and super quick and easy to make! Low carb recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Celery is a common low carb ingredient when it comes to salads, dips, and perhaps even soup – but have you tried it sautéed? When cooked in butter the flavor mellows slightly as you might expect – but it still retains some of its crispness.
Carbs In Celery
As I reported in my guide to low carb vegetables, celery contains 2g net carbs per serving of two stalks. It's also a great source of vitamins A, K, and C, plus minerals like potassium and folate.
So if you're looking for a new way to serve it, try this easy side dish!
How to Make a Keto Celery Side Dish
Finely slice some celery stalks, reserving some of the fronds for garnish. Melt some butter in a large skillet over a medium heat, and add some garlic paste (or minced garlic). After a few minutes add the celery, and turn to coat in the butter.
Sauté until just starting to turn tender – about ten minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer the celery to a serving dish, then garnish with the celery fronds.
This sautéed celery would be perfect with some grilled fish, pork chops, or roasted chicken!
Easy Keto Celery Side Dish
This buttery sautéed celery is a super quick and easy side dish!! Low carb and keto friendly recipe.
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp garlic paste (or minced garlic)
- 6 celery stalks (approx 6-7 oz), finely chopped, fronds reserved for garnish
- salt and black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over a medium heat, and add the garlic. After a few minutes add the celery, and turn to coat in the butter.
- Sauté until just starting to turn tender - about ten minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the celery to a serving dish, then garnish with the celery fronds.
0.9g net carbs per serving (quarter of the recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 65Total Fat 6.5gSaturated Fat 3.7gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 15mgSodium 197mgCarbohydrates 1.7gNet Carbohydrates 0.9gFiber 0.8gSugar 0.6gProtein 0.4g