This keto celery side dish is warm, buttery, and super quick and easy to make! Low carb recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Celery is a common low carb ingredient when it comes to salads, dips, and perhaps even soup – but have you tried it sautéed? When cooked in butter the flavor mellows slightly as you might expect – but it still retains some of its crispness.
Carbs In Celery
As I reported in my guide to low carb vegetables, celery contains 2g net carbs per serving of two stalks. It's also a great source of vitamins A, K, and C, plus minerals like potassium and folate.
So if you're looking for a new way to serve it, try this easy side dish!
How to Make a Keto Celery Side Dish
Finely slice some celery stalks, reserving some of the fronds for garnish. Melt some butter in a large skillet over a medium heat, and add some garlic paste (or minced garlic). After a few minutes add the celery, and turn to coat in the butter.
Sauté until just starting to turn tender – about ten minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer the celery to a serving dish, then garnish with the celery fronds.
This sautéed celery would be perfect with some grilled fish, pork chops, or roasted chicken!
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp garlic paste (or minced garlic)
- 6 celery stalks (approx 6-7 oz), finely chopped, fronds reserved for garnish
- salt and black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over a medium heat, and add the garlic. After a few minutes add the celery, and turn to coat in the butter.
- Sauté until just starting to turn tender - about ten minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the celery to a serving dish, then garnish with the celery fronds.
0.9g net carbs per serving (quarter of the recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 65Total Fat 6.5gSaturated Fat 3.7gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 15mgSodium 197mgCarbohydrates 1.7gNet Carbohydrates 0.9gFiber 0.8gSugar 0.6gProtein 0.4g