This low carb Greek shrimp dish also features wonderful Mediterranean flavors like oregano, lemon and feta!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This is only the second Greek recipe on the blog, the first being the amazing Greek lamb burger! This recipe uses a slightly different range of flavors – I've traded cucumber and mint for cherry tomatoes and oregano – but both feature feta cheese and are wonderfully reminiscent of vacations spent on Greek islands in 2008 and 2009.
The first time I made this dish I served it over salad leaves for a light lunch with my husband at home – and yes – we did talk about our vacations a lot!
How to Make Greek Shrimp with Feta
Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan and add some chopped onion (I always keep a bag of ready chopped onion in the freezer which really helps with portion control!). Let the onion soften for a few minutes then add garlic paste or minced fresh garlic. Add some halved cherry tomatoes and dried oregano, and continue to cook until the tomatoes start to soften.
Prepare the shrimp (I use deveined and peeled raw shrimp – but you can leave the tails on if you prefer!), add them to the pan and cook until they are done.
Add a splash of lemon juice then transfer everything to a serving plate. Immediately sprinkle over some salty crumbled feta cheese and season with black pepper. Serve with salad for a light lunch or appetizer.
Greek Shrimp with Feta - a low carb salad recipe for lunch or an appetizer #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic paste or minced fresh garlic
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 12 oz raw shrimp, deveined and peeled
- splash lemon juice
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan and add the chopped onion. Let the onion soften for a few minutes then add the garlic.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and dried oregano, and continue to cook until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Add the shrimp and cook until they are done. Add a splash of lemon juice then transfer everything to a serving plate. Immediately sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese over the shrimp and season with black pepper.
4.5g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 303Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 445mgSodium 1537mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 4.5gFiber 0.5gSugar 2gProtein 38g