These grilled zucchini boats are stuffed with beef, salsa, and cheese! Low carb, keto, LCHF and gluten free recipe.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AuthenticSalsaStyle#CollectiveBias
All you need is just four ingredients to impress your guests next time you're grilling! These stuffed zucchini are SO easy to make!
HERDEZ® are available in mild, medium and hot, and only contain five ingredients: tomatoes, onions, serrano peppers, salt and cilantro! These fresh authentic flavors make these salsas perfect for enjoying with family and friends, but at only 1g net carbs per serving of two tablespoons – ideal for low carbers!
How to Make Grilled Zucchini Boats with Beef
While the grill is heating up, make the stuffing for the zucchini. Add olive oil and lean ground beef to a large sauté pan. I think beef is one of my favorite meats – it can be used for so many dishes and it always tastes so good!
After the meat has browned, add a cup of the salsa. As a low-carber, one of the benefits of using salsa in cooking is that I rarely need to add any other seasonings, making it quick and simple. I use salsa in my Quick Cook Bacon Jam which is fantastic! Let the sauce reduce down until hardly any liquid is left – about 15-20 minutes.
While this is cooking, prepare the zucchini by cutting them in half lengthways, trimming the stalk, and scooping out the seeds with a spoon.
Place them cut-side-down on the hot grill, and cook for ten minutes.
Flip them over and load them up with beef/salsa mixture and then finally sprinkle some cheese (I use a Mexican blend) over the top.
Return them to the grill for around ten minutes (with the lid closed) or until the cheese has melted.
The delicious HERDEZ® Salsa Casera added such great flavor to these zucchini boats, and they will definitely be a hit at your next outdoor family party!
Grilled Zucchini Boats with Beef - #lowcarb recipe Click To Tweet
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Casera, mild, medium or hot as desired
- 4 medium zucchini
- ½ cup shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- Preheat the grill.
- Add the oil and beef to a large pan and cook until the meat has browned. Add the salsa and continue to cook until the liquid has evaporated, approx 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the zucchini by cutting in half lengthways, then scooping out the seeds with a spoon. Place them on the hot grill, cut side down for 10 minutes.
- When the zucchini have cooked, turn them over and fill the cavities with the beef and salsa mixture, then top with the cheese. Return to the grill with the lid closed for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
7g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 280Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 81mgSodium 636mgCarbohydrates 10gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 30g