This ham omelet is a super tasty low carb breakfast to share with the family!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Whether it's for breakfast or a light lunch – you can't go far wrong with a good omelet! Naturally low carb, omelets are a fantastic vehicle for all kinds of proteins, vegetables and herbs. This is a simple omelet that my mom showed me how to make, flavored with ham and parsley.
Whisk the eggs and a tablespoon of water together in a bowl until lightly frothy. Season with salt and black pepper.
Heat some unsalted butter and olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat until melted. Pour in the eggs, and then sprinkle some chopped cooked ham (I love to use the thickest-cut ham I can find!) and some chopped flat-leaf parsley.
Reduce the heat to low, then continue to cook until the eggs have cooked through. While they're cooking, preheat the broiler.
Sprinkle the omelet with cheese (I use an Italian blend) and place the pan under the broiler until the cheese has melted.
This omelet serves 2-4 people, but even if you managed to eat the whole thing by yourself it would only be 7.6g net carbs!
Ham Omelet - a super tasty #lowcarb breakfast to share with the family! Click To Tweet
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbs cold water
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz cooked ham, chopped
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Whisk together the eggs and water until frothy. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the butter and oil in a frying pan over a medium heat until the butter has melted.
- Add the egg to the pan, then sprinkle the ham and parsley over the egg. Reduce the heat to low, then cook for 10 minutes or until the egg has fully cooked.
- Preheat the broiler, then sprinkle the omelet with the cheese, and place the pan under the broiler until the cheese has melted.
2g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 456Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 570mgSodium 1133mgCarbohydrates 2gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 32g
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!