This Indian cauliflower curry is an ideal low carb side dish to an Indian meal.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
One of the benefits of this dish is that it can made entirely without fresh ingredients. While I always prefer fresh, of course, it isn’t always possible! Last minute guests? Or perhaps you’ve forgotten one of them is a vegetarian and need to cook up something quickly that they can eat. This recipe doesn’t have a lot of sauce, so it works well as a side dish to “wetter” curry dishes. If you want to turn it into a vegetarian main meal, you may like to increase the quantity of the sauce ingredients.
Melt some butter in a large pan and add chopped onion (I always have bags of frozen chopped onion in the freezer – not just for convenience but because it is much easier to add in small amounts. And carbohydrates in onions do start to add up if you use a lot).
Add in tomato paste and broth or stock (vegetable or chicken works well), and stir well to form a sauce. Add in a bag of frozen cauliflower florets, and turn to coat them in the sauce.
Continue cooking until the cauliflower is done to your liking. Add salt for seasoning.
Serve garnished with chopped fresh cilantro (if you have any!).Indian Cauliflower Curry - #lowcarb side dish Click To Tweet
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp cayenne or to taste
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- ¼ cup broth or stock chicken or vegetable
- 16 oz frozen cauliflower florets
- salt to taste
- fresh cilantro chopped
- Melt the butter in a large pan and add the onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the garam masala, cumin, cardamom, turmeric and cayenne, if using. Stir to mix and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the paste and broth, stirring everything together to form a sauce.
- Add the cauliflower. Turn the cauliflower to coat in the sauce. Continue to cook until cauliflower is cooked to your liking.
- Add salt to season and serve garnished with chopped fresh cilantro.
6g net carbs per serving
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!